Server Admin Info
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 3     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Community Tutorials 

Master_Ghost_Knight

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 13 May 2007 06:13 Profile Portugal

I have sent a skybox tutorial befor the complex brush part 3. And it the last arrived first. I guess they are having seriouse trouble on transporting them to Wiki. Cheesy Grin I guess it's my bad they had a total of 19 pages and almost everything there is about them, I wouldn't have the courage to toutch them either.

GBGangsta

AA Community Manager
AA Community Manager

Posted: 13 May 2007 09:54 Profile United Kingdom

Master_Ghost_Knight wrote:

I have sent a skybox tutorial befor the complex brush part 3. And it the last arrived first. I guess they are having seriouse trouble on transporting them to Wiki. Cheesy Grin I guess it's my bad they had a total of 19 pages and almost everything there is about them, I wouldn't have the courage to toutch them either.

"They" is me Wink

I havent seen a SkyBox Tutorial. Can you resend it? Dont worry about size and complexity...I like a challange

Cheers

Pat Laughing

Master_Ghost_Knight

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 13 May 2007 11:48 Profile Portugal

Yes, I have resubmited the tutorial trough the email.
Optionaly you can dowlad it from rapidshare here.

Last edited by Master_Ghost_Knight on 06 Dec 2007 10:49; edited 2 times in total
GBGangsta

AA Community Manager
AA Community Manager

Posted: 13 May 2007 14:25 Profile United Kingdom

Master_Ghost_Knight wrote:

Yes, I have resubmited the tutorial trough the email.
Optionaly you can dowlad it from rapidshare here.

Thanks. We'll get it turned around asap.

)x(TBD)x(.CatKiller

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 04 Jun 2007 19:55 Profile United States

I just submitted my Random Spawns tutorial. If you have any trouble with recieving it please let me know.

CuteFluffyBunny

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 18 Jun 2007 10:15 Profile United Kingdom

I was just checking this thread to see how many new tutorials had been added and was instantly attracted to the Breachable Wall Tutorial, since I recently wrote a tutorial on a similar subject on a different site. I did, however, see quite a few mistakes in it...

Steps #1, #2, #3 and #4 are fine.

Steps #5, #6 and #7, however, all have the same image beneath them, which I would deem as unnescessary. The image refers to all three steps, so why not bunch #5, #6 and #7 into one step and just display the image once.

Step #8 confuses me somewhat. It says, at the end of the step, 'bDisplayTargetingInfo all to False'. The word 'all' doesn't need to be there and it makes sense to set bDisplayTargetingInfo to True; used in conjunction with bBreachable set to True, it'll display an icon and message on the HUD, indicating that the wall can be breached. Though it doesn't work in single player, it does work when played online...or should.

Steps #9, #10 and #'11 are also fine.

Step #12 is odd, as it should be set to DecoMesh as standard, but there seems to be no problem with keeping it in.

Step #13, however, made me laugh and shows that Spectre used SF Blizzard to find out how to make breachable walls. Step #13 is an unnescessary point, mainly due to the fact that its purpose in SF Blizzard is activate the objective that tells Assault to breach the compound and, I'm guessing from here on in, add 20 points to the score of whoever breached the wall.

It should also be said that the base of the wall should be placed just below the map as the rubble in the breached version of the wall will float above the surface if the base of the wall is aligned with the top of the terrain.

ODB_Spectre

Private First Class

Posted: 19 Jun 2007 10:41 Profile United States

CuteFluffyBunny wrote:

I was just checking this thread to see how many new tutorials had been added and was instantly attracted to the Breachable Wall Tutorial, since I recently wrote a tutorial on a similar subject on a different site. I did, however, see quite a few mistakes in it...

Steps #1, #2, #3 and #4 are fine.

Steps #5, #6 and #7, however, all have the same image beneath them, which I would deem as unnescessary. The image refers to all three steps, so why not bunch #5, #6 and #7 into one step and just display the image once.

I did it this way so that a person that is very new to the editor would understand

Step #8 confuses me somewhat. It says, at the end of the step, 'bDisplayTargetingInfo all to False'. The word 'all' doesn't need to be there and it makes sense to set bDisplayTargetingInfo to True; used in conjunction with bBreachable set to True, it'll display an icon and message on the HUD, indicating that the wall can be breached. Though it doesn't work in single player, it does work when played online...or should.

Yes this does work in multiplayer but not in singleplayer

Steps #9, #10 and #'11 are also fine.

Step #12 is odd, as it should be set to DecoMesh as standard, but there seems to be no problem with keeping it in.

I stated this because some might have messed with settings before finding this tutorial and was thinking they might like to see all the correct settings.

Step #13, however, made me laugh and shows that Spectre used SF Blizzard to find out how to make breachable walls. Step #13 is an unnescessary point, mainly due to the fact that its purpose in SF Blizzard is activate the objective that tells Assault to breach the compound and, I'm guessing from here on in, add 20 points to the score of whoever breached the wall.

Yes I used sf blizzard as this was one of the first maps to use this feature I was not aware this was not needed but what this tutorial was designed for was to show how the devs made their wall and explain the steps to reproduce them.

It should also be said that the base of the wall should be placed just below the map as the rubble in the breached version of the wall will float above the surface if the base of the wall is aligned with the top of the terrain.

Yes I am aware of this but again this was just to show an example on one thing you can build on a map was not going for a Dev quality look sorry.

CuteFluffyBunny

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 19 Jun 2007 11:44 Profile United Kingdom

This wasn't meant to be an attack on you and your tutorial and I apologise if it seemed as though it was. It was more to indicate to FoxHunter, GBGangsta and you that there were a couple of mistakes and errors in the tutorial. I am sure the same is apparent in the other few tutorials on the site, though I didn't get a chance to look at them.

Master_Ghost_Knight

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 19 Jun 2007 14:53 Profile Portugal

Just a question (noting related whit the most recent arguments here). Some time ago some members responsable for the processing of the tutorials posted lots of times "hey your tutorial is in the final stage of aproval and it will be out soon", and then ended up not geting out at all. What hapened?

)x(TBD)x(.CatKiller

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 19 Jun 2007 23:25 Profile United States

Did yall recieve the tutorial that I submitted for Random Spawns? I didn't get a PM or email nor has it showed up yet. It was about 3 weeks ago.

{FRJ}ZarO!O

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 24 Jun 2007 13:59 Profile Brazil

I also sent a tutorial about using Groups tool a long time ago and didn't received any feedback. Don't know if it was rejected or why it was rejected. Anyway, the tutorial is already on the forums and I have sent it to AACM by suggestion of a forum moderator.

)x(TBD)x(.CatKiller

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 05 Jul 2007 22:31 Profile United States

Phoenix/Gangsta,

I submitted my first tutorial "Random Spawns" via email to the address that you have posted a month ago with no reply and have yet to see it posted here. Since then I have made "Activated Objectives" and "LAN Server" tutorials which I did not submit. They can be found by going to my website at http://piolthy.com/CatKiller I did not submit the last two since I never got the first one through, but if you would like to add them please either use the website or if you would like I could send them to you using WORD format. If you do decide to add them I would like my name to appear as

Mat aka.")x(TBD)x(.CatKiller".

Thanks in advance,

~Cat

Col.Gilbert

Recruit

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 12:23 Profile

the cam one is hard to follow b/c i can't get the thing to do what i want it to do like move around and i don't understand on how to get a screen to work in it or even get a screen there and adding a brace yeah im a inexperienced player at it so be easy on me LOL what i think would be awesome is to have a step by step from start to finish on how to do it b/c i think the tut are for people that have already done it and are kinda used to useing it...here's my e-mail addy if anyone up to doin a step by step on how to do a cam with everything from starting it and makeing it move to where you need it and the ang of it and from puttin up a brace to doin a screen pretty for inexperienced player's that hasn't do anything in editer and im redoin pipeline sf for fun

shaw_transport@yahoo.com

++Solaris++

Recruit

Posted: 15 Dec 2007 12:14 Profile

Tutorial for INDOOR SAI maps

http://forum.americasarmy.com/...=269349

truckfixer

Recruit

Posted: 30 Dec 2007 20:10 Profile

The download link under DOORS tutorial is dead.

Community Tutorials 

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 3     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: