» See more topics

Page 1 of 3     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Community Tutorials 

Phoenix

Army Project Team
Army Project Team

Posted: 09 Jan 2007 14:10 Profile United States

By now it should be no secret that the Mission Editor requires a lot of dedication and experience for its potential to be fully realized. We've started the ball rolling by offering the Border and Dusk tutorials, but now with your help we'd like to take it a step further.

Anyone willing to create simple but detailed tutorials can submit them for approval. Once approved the tutorials will be posted to the Online Manual Website with proper recognition given to the authors.

These tutorials do not need to be massive in scope. In fact, it might be better if they are more focused in nature. How to add an operable door, how to add objectives, how to add spawn points, etc.

Obviously any tutorials should be extremely detailed, and be accompanied by any images to support the instruction.

Please email your tutorials to aacm@americasarmy.com.

====== UPDATED 12 MAY 2007======

So far we've received the following Community Created Tutorials:

All of these now appear on the Online Wiki Manual Site. If you'd like to submit a tutorial, please follow these simple guidelines:

Title of Tutorial

This should be the Title of your Tutorial

Authors Details

Please state how you would like your tutorial to be attributed. For example your In Game name, or your real name.

Purpose of the Tutorial

This section should contain a summary of the Tutorial and what it aims to achieve.

Difficulty Level

Please indicate here the level of difficulty of the tutorial. The levels are :

• Beginner
  • Intermediate
  • Advanced

Instructions

This section will contain the tutorial itself. It should be laid out as numbered steps and should be as detailed as possible. For any major action or instruction a screenshot describing the process should be included.

Example Map

Wherever possible, a sample map containing the end result of your tutorial should be included as an .aao file. This will be attached to your tutorial when published in order to allow users to see what the end result should be. A simple room is all that is required to contain your example rather than an entire environment.

This is a great way for our community to help itself, and for some members to gain a little notoriety as Mission Editor Experts! Thanks to everyone who has submitted tutorials so far, and we hope to see a lot more.

Nisroc

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 09 Jan 2007 18:41 Profile Canada

I was thinking about doing a few tutorials up, but I do not think I'm as qualified as those who have been using the editor for awhile. If I do decided to do this what format should they be written in? Instruction format or the same way the two provided tutorials were written?

The reason I ask is that English is a big factor when it come to understanding something like the editor. I have noticed a few small gaps in the provided tutorials were not very helpful and while doing them. I became lost and had to resort to forums for help.

=FoxHunter=

Posted: 10 Jan 2007 02:40 Profile Netherlands

As long as the tutorial is helpful, understandable and written in good English, it does not really matter in what format it is written, if you're asking me Wink

SlieTheSecond

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 10 Jan 2007 13:15 Profile Canada

Can we assume if they get posted, they will be reformatted anyways?

Phoenix

Army Project Team
Army Project Team

Posted: 10 Jan 2007 17:21 Profile United States

Yes, more than likely the doument will be vetted for content, proofed, and converted to a PDF to be made available as a download, as well as being incorporated into the Manual site. Personally, I recommend using MS Word to write your tutorials.

Master_Ghost_Knight

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 15 Jan 2007 09:06 Profile Portugal

I can help whit some tutorials. Who can i send it to?

=FoxHunter=

Posted: 15 Jan 2007 09:09 Profile Netherlands

Master_Ghost_Knight wrote:

I can help whit some tutorials. Who can i send it to?

Phoenix wrote:

Please email your tutorials to aacm@americasarmy.com.

SGT_KAMAI_[USMC]

Private First Class

Posted: 13 Mar 2007 06:08 Profile

Why dont you list subjects that need to be covered, and if you get a couple of people to vollunteer to do the tutorial on a particular subject you can romove it from the list. That way you dont end up with a hundred tuts on doors, and none on say editing actor properties.
Something like
1.all about doors
2 all about ladders
3. all about textures
4. Terrain creation
5. terrain editing
6. all about fog
7. all about sky boxes
8. all about level design.
9. all about editing actor properties
10. all about zone info
11. all about volumes
12. triggers and how to configure them
13. objectives and you (lol)
14. All about creating spawns and spawn classes.
15. collisions (wth is that about ?)
16. tools
ect ect
......and so on and so forth.
And these need to be AA specific and not regurgetated unreal tutorials.
I will help.

=FoxHunter=

Posted: 13 Mar 2007 16:43 Profile Netherlands

Good suggestion SGT_KAMAI_[USMC]. I've already created a pretty well-covered tutorial about doors in America's Army, but since then I haven't had much time to create more of these tutorials. We can really use the help of the community!

SGT_KAMAI_[USMC]

Private First Class

Posted: 13 Mar 2007 20:27 Profile

well lets start with what you have collected so far. You got doors covered.

Has anyone submitted anything else?

Phoenix

Army Project Team
Army Project Team

Posted: 25 Mar 2007 10:40 Profile United States

So far we've received the following Community Created Tutorials:

All of these now appear on the Online Wiki Manual Site. If you'd like to submit a tutorial, please follow these simple guidelines:

Title of Tutorial

This should be the Title of your Tutorial

Authors Details

Please state how you would like your tutorial to be attributed. For example your In Game name, or your real name.

Purpose of the Tutorial

This section should contain a summary of the Tutorial and what it aims to achieve.

Difficulty Level

Please indicate here the level of difficulty of the tutorial. The levels are :

• Beginner
  • Intermediate
  • Advanced

Instructions

This section will contain the tutorial itself. It should be laid out as numbered steps and should be as detailed as possible. For any major action or instruction a screenshot describing the process should be included.

Example Map

Wherever possible, a sample map containing the end result of your tutorial should be included as an .aao file. This will be attached to your tutorial when published in order to allow users to see what the end result should be. A simple room is all that is required to contain your example rather than an entire environment.

This is a great way for our community to help itself, and for some members to gain a little notoriety as Mission Editor Experts! Thanks to everyone who has submitted tutorials so far, and we hope to see a lot more.

GBGangsta

AA Community Manager
AA Community Manager

Posted: 25 Mar 2007 10:48 Profile United Kingdom

WooHoo great job, Norbac, Tiago Freire and Spectre!!

The tutorials look superb, thanks for all your hard work. Maybe now Ill be able to figure out how to get the editor to work Laughing

Master_Ghost_Knight

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 29 Mar 2007 03:26 Profile Portugal

You may whana consider moving the links to the top post.

Phoenix

Army Project Team
Army Project Team

Posted: 12 May 2007 19:56 Profile United States

The tutorial list has been updated. Check the top post of this thread. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

GBGangsta

AA Community Manager
AA Community Manager

Posted: 13 May 2007 05:38 Profile United Kingdom

Great job guys Keep em Coming!!! Cheesy Grin

Community Tutorials 

Page 1 of 3     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: