Updating PB Client
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 5 of 5     
  Page Jump     

Using the AA Master Browser System 

--elevate^^

Recruit

Posted: 02 Sep 2007 12:49 Profile

wat exactly is ping anyways?? i know its like all about the connection speed and stuff but like wats duz it all mea?? jw~~ cool info man!!~

m_pollock

Sergeant Major

Posted: 02 Sep 2007 14:02 Profile

Quote:

Ping estimates the round-trip time, generally in milliseconds, and records any packet loss, and prints a statistical summary when finished.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping

gripbop

Recruit

Posted: 11 Sep 2007 20:57 Profile

In this game ping is crazy, I was playing with my friend and at his home my ping was about 30 and in my computer was about 140, some times the ping get over 250 and them the next number is not 251 but just 1, seems that my ping is looping even in my country.
It just happens playing AA, for me makes no difference but whats the reason for that?
Internet speed (2 mbs)

Thanks

m_pollock

Sergeant Major

Posted: 11 Sep 2007 21:45 Profile

I would suggest resetting your internet network components (router, modem - if applicable) if you have not done so already. Join Server's located closer to you, such as in your residing Country. Also dependent on your internet connection speed, you need to have a decent package to play any "intense" online game.

Hostonal

Recruit

Posted: 21 Oct 2007 13:38 Profile

-Zait-,

Hey Zait u remember me from Kuma? i might play this game so make me your buddy on here

Tangles

Private First Class

Posted: 25 Feb 2008 00:35 Profile

I'm having a problem with both the AA browser and the Gamespy browser w/ 2.8.3 and how it handles multiple filters.

I select the following filters:
multiplayer
special forces tour
not full and not empty
all maps
us east
ping < 150
punkbuster enabled
no password

but it generates NO servers. If I change not full and not empty to any it works, but i can see servers that are full, empty, populated... so this specific filter doesn't seem to be working properly... this is in gamespy.

it seems to work OK in the AA browser, but selecting Special Forces tour makes it an empty server list.. but if I change it to Any, it populates the server list WITH SF servers!

long story short, the filters don't seem to be filtering properly in both game browsers since 2.8.3

Can anyone else validate this bug for me?

Redneck29

First Sergeant

Posted: 18 Mar 2008 14:21 Profile United Kingdom

Tangles wrote:

I'm having a problem with both the AA browser and the Gamespy browser w/ 2.8.3 and how it handles multiple filters.

I select the following filters:
multiplayer
special forces tour
not full and not empty
all maps
us east
ping < 150
punkbuster enabled
no password

but it generates NO servers. If I change not full and not empty to any it works, but i can see servers that are full, empty, populated... so this specific filter doesn't seem to be working properly... this is in gamespy.

it seems to work OK in the AA browser, but selecting Special Forces tour makes it an empty server list.. but if I change it to Any, it populates the server list WITH SF servers!

long story short, the filters don't seem to be filtering properly in both game browsers since 2.8.3

Can anyone else validate this bug for me?

There is a thread over in Bug reports somewhere that has several people (myself included) who consistently get no servers returned from searches that contain "Not Full" and "Not Empty".

Using the AA Master Browser System 

« Previous Page        Page 5 of 5     
  Page Jump     

Jump to: