» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 4 of 5     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Using the AA Master Browser System 

K-Spaz

Private First Class

Posted: 01 Dec 2006 14:14 Profile

Patriot-=Of-God=- wrote:

Hmm, the browser is not working at all here. It seems to ignore all the things I set with the filters (I'm not talking about the browser not saving filter settings, it just ignores them). When I make a filter that filters out Mout Mckenna servers, I get servers with ALL kinds of maps. When I select Public Servers Only, I still get the password protected servers.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I do know I have no idea what it is.

-]}]}-LikwidN2 wrote:

I can't get any servers to show up using the GS browser. Do you need to have GS Arcade installed still?

After you make your chioce in the Gamespy Browser, there will be no data shown until you click the "Internet" tab above. Do that and all the servers show up as they should.

loser007

Private First Class

Posted: 17 Dec 2006 15:42 Profile

I don't mind the new browser but it seems a little untidy. And I think the feautre 'AA browser' (to the left tab) should not have been made as what is the point of showing so many random servers when u could just go the the map that you wanna play. The new buddylist feautre has proven to be very useful.

=[WF]=(({Rat}))007

Private

Posted: 05 Jan 2007 06:52 Profile

MelonPopperNZ wrote:

I dont mind the new browser, although I have one problem with it: I cant seem to get my filters to save. I'm from New Zealand and are trying to save the Aussie only servers. After I finish playing and go to start AA again, all the filters I have set have gone back to the default. Can anybody please help?

This was happening to me allot aswell.
im from aus and i was doing the same.
After installing 2.8 it has started to save them.
My congrats.

MelonPopperNZ

Private

Posted: 08 Jan 2007 16:58 Profile

=[WF]=(({Rat}))007 wrote:

MelonPopperNZ wrote:

I dont mind the new browser, although I have one problem with it: I cant seem to get my filters to save. I'm from New Zealand and are trying to save the Aussie only servers. After I finish playing and go to start AA again, all the filters I have set have gone back to the default. Can anybody please help?

This was happening to me allot aswell.
im from aus and i was doing the same.
After installing 2.8 it has started to save them.
My congrats.

Yep, all good now Cheesy Grin Hooah for 2.8

SoldierOfTheCross

Recruit

Posted: 24 Jan 2007 10:40 Profile

Well I just got 2.8 and I must say I was very disappointed with the new game browser/main menu system. I mean I know that a LOT of work went into creating this new browser and all and I appreciate all the hard work that the Development team put into it but it was perfectly fine in 2.6, why change a good thing? Drop down menu was awesome for finding the missions you wanted, everything was right there in front of you in one place but now we have pics which take up more room and everything is spread out and it's harder to find what you want. It was easy before, but not so easy now. I'm not bashing the Development team at all let me just make that clear. Just voicing an opinion that maybe could be looked into for future releases.

Would it be possible to have an option (in the next patch) to use either the old browser or the new browser? So that people who liked the 2.6 browser could use that one and people who like the 2.7/2.8 browser can use that one. See, I like simple. I don't use filters, never have. I open up AA, click on Deployment, bring down the drop down menu, pick the mission type, pick my map, pick my server, voila. The old browser is very easy to use, it has (I say 'has' because I still play 2.6) less options of course but if you don't mind less options then it is the perfect game browser.

Just a thought.

p.s. I play 2.6 MORE then 2.8 because of the simplicity of the whole set up. The only time I play 2.8 is when a buddy is playing or when the mission I want is not to be found.

-Zait-

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 30 Jan 2007 13:12 Profile United States

SoldierOfTheCross wrote:

See, I like simple. I don't use filters, never have. I open up AA, click on Deployment, bring down the drop down menu, pick the mission type, pick my map, pick my server, voila. The old browser is very easy to use, it has (I say 'has' because I still play 2.6) less options of course but if you don't mind less options then it is the perfect game browser.

The Deployment feature still works that way. If you click Deployment now you get the Overview tab which has patches representing Infantry, Airborne/Ranger and Special Forces missions. Click on one of those (or the corresponding tab above) and you will see pictures of each map. This is a bit quicker than the old drop down menu. On the picture menu there is also a drop down menu that you can use if you prefer that style. Once you find the map you want just click the "depoy" button at the bottom and it will take you to the server list.

Different isn't bad, it's just new.

Gr1mSh33per

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 02 Feb 2007 01:36 Profile

I'd first like to commend -Zait- for a good post on the Browser.

1. I'd like to point out that using the Deployment function in 2.8 will override the previous filters of the filter set, so avoid using deployment.

2. Filters are now saving properly saving in 2.8.

3. To increase your space on the browser even more, you can click on the bar in between the list of servers and the server/server's players info and drag it down for more room.

IIISSS PPPEEEDRRROOO TTTHHHEEERRREEE????? (gotta love napoleon dynamite)

Search.Search.Search

Goodfella^fu

Recruit

Posted: 13 Feb 2007 11:49 Profile

hi all i have a problem i made an own server, and it is in the AAbrowsers with the other servers but when i try to join this server i can't join,i have opened al the firewall ports good and it is a global server

i only can join the server if I type in console : start 127.0.0.1?
But thats not globaly

anyone knows what I should do?

=FoxHunter=

Posted: 13 Feb 2007 11:52 Profile Netherlands

Goodfella^fu wrote:

hi all i have a problem i made an own server, and it is in the AAbrowsers with the other servers but when i try to join this server i can't join,i have opened al the firewall ports good and it is a global server

i only can join the server if I type in console : start 127.0.0.1?
But thats not globaly

anyone knows what I should do?

Please do not cross-post, but stick to your own topic:
http://forum.americasarmy.com/...=248697

By cross-posting you only make it harder to get an answer to your question. So please don't.

[FdCo]Glocktopus{X}

Private First Class

Posted: 18 Apr 2007 22:01 Profile

SoldierOfTheCross wrote:

Well I just got 2.8 and I must say I was very disappointed with the new game browser/main menu system. I mean I know that a LOT of work went into creating this new browser and all and I appreciate all the hard work that the Development team put into it but it was perfectly fine in 2.6, why change a good thing? Drop down menu was awesome for finding the missions you wanted, everything was right there in front of you in one place but now we have pics which take up more room and everything is spread out and it's harder to find what you want. It was easy before, but not so easy now. I'm not bashing the Development team at all let me just make that clear. Just voicing an opinion that maybe could be looked into for future releases.

I agree, and now that the map list just exploded with user-created maps (misspellings and repeat versions), the filters interface just became ridiculous. Can't believe this wasn't forseen.

I love this game and am always impressed with each new version - EXCEPT the browser interface, which has been plagued with terrible decisions for years.

[AA]Ernest

Recruit

Posted: 19 Jul 2007 10:46 Profile Lithuania

yes the ping is big problem in battlefield or in unreal my ping normal Sad

~!FPS_Derek!~

Recruit

Posted: 19 Jul 2007 18:03 Profile Canada

Yeah, i dont mind the new browser but when i go to check my battle buddies or fav servers. there blank i have 20+ buddies and most of them are always on, so i was wondering if there is some way i could fix that problem.

aleatorystories

Recruit

Posted: 21 Jul 2007 07:04 Profile

I'm not sure if its something that I am doing wrong, but sometimes I notice that the search feature doesnt work correctly. EG: I search for a friend thats online and connected to a server but it doesnt find him, or if i enter the IP of a known server it doesnt find it. So do I need to adjust my filters and then search? Or is it some sort of glitch?

Thanks in advance

-{BJD}-MainEvent

First Sergeant

Posted: 19 Aug 2007 17:16 Profile United States

Ha, I see me! First player in the list! Strange cause I play a few times a month now...

Nice to be back on the forums, too.

[AA]Ernest

Recruit

Posted: 29 Aug 2007 19:06 Profile Lithuania

need to develop new browser system because this so lagy , are here any configurations to work faster ?

Using the AA Master Browser System 

« Previous Page        Page 4 of 5     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: