New Videos YouTube
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 3 of 5     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Using the AA Master Browser System 

[-3-lions-]Highflyr

Recruit

Posted: 23 Sep 2006 13:00 Profile

Still not had a good solution for this problem Sad surely someone more senior must have a clue as the others said its not just us I know a few people with it. Same problem with gamespy browser too and yes I opened all the ports mentioned in other threads Sad HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

-Zait-

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 24 Sep 2006 08:02 Profile United States

11B_MAJ_SIG wrote:

-Zait-,

Hey, Zait. i can't get our server 8.6.74.34 (-ACI-11Bravo Honor Server-HOOAH!) to show in my AA Masteer browser at all. It shows in the Gamespy browser and it also shows at aa-mbs.com. But the AA master browser in game won't find it even if I type in the Ip address.

Any clue?

SIg

Make sure you have all of these ports open:

UDP:
1716 for the game
1717 for the gamequery
1718 for the master server query
8777 for the standard UT query
27900 for Gamespy

TCP:
14200 for the authorization server and MBS browser
20025-20045 for the authorization server and MBS browser
20046-20047 for the authorization server and MBS browser
20048 for DCDS

-Zait-

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 24 Sep 2006 08:04 Profile United States

[-3-lions-]Highflyr wrote:

Still not had a good solution for this problem Sad surely someone more senior must have a clue as the others said its not just us I know a few people with it. Same problem with gamespy browser too and yes I opened all the ports mentioned in other threads Sad HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Check to make sure you have all the ports listed in the thread above open and that you don't have a firewall blocking AA.

(DD)k-bean

Recruit

Posted: 26 Sep 2006 11:33 Profile

-Zait- wrote:

11B_MAJ_SIG wrote:

-Zait-,

Hey, Zait. i can't get our server 8.6.74.34 (-ACI-11Bravo Honor Server-HOOAH!) to show in my AA Masteer browser at all. It shows in the Gamespy browser and it also shows at aa-mbs.com. But the AA master browser in game won't find it even if I type in the Ip address.

Any clue?

SIg

Make sure you have all of these ports open:

UDP:
1716 for the game
1717 for the gamequery
1718 for the master server query
8777 for the standard UT query
27900 for Gamespy

TCP:
14200 for the authorization server and MBS browser
20025-20045 for the authorization server and MBS browser
20046-20047 for the authorization server and MBS browser
20048 for DCDS

Good post!! thnx a lot! Now I can play Very Happy

-sTan-

Recruit

Posted: 26 Sep 2006 19:26 Profile

-Zait-, Is there anyway I can contact you through email?
I would like to discusse sertain issues dealing with AA with you.

-Zait-

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 27 Sep 2006 20:08 Profile United States

-sTan- wrote:

-Zait-, Is there anyway I can contact you through email?
I would like to discusse sertain issues dealing with AA with you.

I suppose you could click on the Embedded Image at the bottom of my posts.

mach2

Private First Class

Posted: 28 Sep 2006 08:03 Profile

I didn't play the game for a while, so i thought lets install 2.7 and play it. I did this and started the game, went to the mapbrowser......[TOS Violation]......they changed something that wasn't in need of a change Evil or Very Mad . To be honest i think this mapbrowser is much worse than the ones in version 1.21 - 2.6 Neutral

(- CAINE -)

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 01 Oct 2006 15:16 Profile Netherlands

-Zait- wrote:

There is also a bug where the filters are not saving after you close the game out. There are two workarounds for that.

1. Use the Deployment feature.
a. Click the "Deployment" button.
b. Click on the Patch for the Unit type you want.
c. Click on the map you want to play.
d. Click on the "Deploy" tab at the bottom of the screen.
This automatically give you every server running that map. You can then click on the "Icons" "Server Name" or other bars at the top to help sort through the servers listed.

2. Use the Favorites feature. (this only works with the AA MBS and does not work with the Gamespy browser)
a. Join a server.
b. At the bottom of the F1 screen is a button that says "Add this server to favorites" click it and it will save it to your favorites list.
c. When you want to join one of your favorite servers click on the "AA Browser" button and then click the "Favorites" tab on the top row. It will take you to a new screen that lists your favorite servers. You can do the same thing to save and play with your buddies.

I'm also having the problem of not being able to save my filters. So i read your post, but i don't fully understand it, or at least not enough to solve the problem i guess.
You say there are two workarounds for it, but i tried, and none solved it.
In fact, the second one has nothing to do with the AA browser not saving the filter settings. It will remember the favourites, but not the set filter. Why didn't they just made a "Save filter" button, or at least tested it, so it works.
Solution 1 doesn't make my filter being saved either.

-Zait-

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 01 Oct 2006 16:34 Profile United States

(- CAINE -) wrote:

I'm also having the problem of not being able to save my filters. So i read your post, but i don't fully understand it, or at least not enough to solve the problem i guess.
You say there are two workarounds for it, but i tried, and none solved it.
In fact, the second one has nothing to do with the AA browser not saving the filter settings. It will remember the favourites, but not the set filter. Why didn't they just made a "Save filter" button, or at least tested it, so it works.
Solution 1 doesn't make my filter being saved either.

Your filters won't save because as I said there is a bug that is keeping them from saving. That is why there are 2 workarounds, one for finding servers in general and one for continually finding servers that you like to play.

[1-9Cav]DesertRat

Sergeant

Posted: 10 Oct 2006 12:14 Profile United States

No wonder the Software Testers and Developers at AAO have such a high turnover...they try to improve things to make the game more useable and realistic, both technically and logically, and all anyone can do is whine and cry about how there are so many bugs in the system....boo hoo, Waaaahhhhh....poor babies. Crying or Very Sad Get over it! These people are busting their asses for YOU, the least you can do is be more appreciative of them and their efforts on your behalf.

Obviously, some people just don't appreciate the long hours, hard work, and dedication that goes into producing something that you can only find fault with.

Try looking on the positive side of things for a change. The move towards operating vehicles, COOP games (Awesome!) and the DCDS are all giant steps forward for this game. They may have been a long time in coming, but were well thought out and not rushed into the game. Personally, I think that the DCDS is going to allow the Devs to push patches for issues, as well as new maps and features, directly to your game. Probably something else for people to whine about.

Try reading the Release Notes for a new build sometime (you might want to start with the 2.7 notes Cool ), and see for yourself just how many of the other issues you liked whining about before have now been fixed. Gee, opens up a whole new world of things for you to complain about now doesn't it?

Commanding Officer
1-9 Air Cavalry - AAO
DesertRat

(- CAINE -)

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 11 Oct 2006 08:47 Profile Netherlands

[1-9Cav]DesertRat wrote:

No wonder the Software Testers and Developers at AAO have such a high turnover...they try to improve things to make the game more useable and realistic, both technically and logically, and all anyone can do is whine and cry about how there are so many bugs in the system....boo hoo, Waaaahhhhh....poor babies. Crying or Very Sad Get over it! These people are busting their asses for YOU, the least you can do is be more appreciative of them and their efforts on your behalf.

Obviously, some people just don't appreciate the long hours, hard work, and dedication that goes into producing something that you can only find fault with.

Try looking on the positive side of things for a change. The move towards operating vehicles, COOP games (Awesome!) and the DCDS are all giant steps forward for this game. They may have been a long time in coming, but were well thought out and not rushed into the game. Personally, I think that the DCDS is going to allow the Devs to push patches for issues, as well as new maps and features, directly to your game. Probably something else for people to whine about.

Try reading the Release Notes for a new build sometime (you might want to start with the 2.7 notes Cool ), and see for yourself just how many of the other issues you liked whining about before have now been fixed. Gee, opens up a whole new world of things for you to complain about now doesn't it?

Commanding Officer
1-9 Air Cavalry - AAO
DesertRat

Hahaha, i thought that was really funny. Spend so many hours on a new patch (2.7) and they can't even deliver a descent browser system, that you can save for example. So many little (but irritating and obvious!) bugs that should have been tested and fixed!
I have no problem with a new release and new bugs, but some are so stupid and can be easily fixed and put out on the DCDS system for us to download.

mach2

Private First Class

Posted: 13 Oct 2006 07:35 Profile

[1-9Cav]DesertRat wrote:

No wonder the Software Testers and Developers at AAO have such a high turnover........blablabla.................. liked whining about before have now been fixed. Gee, opens up a whole new world of things for you to complain about now doesn't it?

Commanding Officer
1-9 Air Cavalry - AAO
DesertRat

Why change something wich is already fine and doesn't need to be changed? And after the change it is buggy.................

.thi13een

Private

Posted: 15 Oct 2006 14:11 Profile

i dont really like the browser, the filters are everywhere and the browser doesn't load sometimes, but its not hard to find a server, and thats all i really care about

robkldrn00

Recruit

Posted: 28 Oct 2006 22:46 Profile

i have a problem with the mbs, only with me its not working either on the aa browser or in th gamesoy browser, i already checked my firewall and its not blocking the game. i already uninstalled it and uninstalled it again, i dont know what to do now, does anyone know wats the problem??

robkldrn00

Recruit

Posted: 29 Oct 2006 16:25 Profile

sorry i didnt read the part above talking about the ports to get the game going if u have the problem with the mbs, but can u tell me where can i go to so that i can open the ports?? thank you

Using the AA Master Browser System 

« Previous Page        Page 3 of 5     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: