» See more topics

Page 1 of 5     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Using the AA Master Browser System 

-Zait-

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 17 Sep 2006 18:48 Profile United States

Many are complaining that the browser is crowded and hard to read. Part of that is due to the way the filters are set up but luckily there is an easy way to fix it.

Here is what the browser looks like with the filters open. Notice there is a bar that separates the filters from the servers. If you move your mouse over it a box will appear that says hide.

Embedded Image

Click on it and the filters will be hidden on the left like this.

Embedded Image

Click on the bar again and the filters will appear again.

There is also a bug where the filters are not saving after you close the game out. There are two workarounds for that.

1. Use the Deployment feature.
a. Click the "Deployment" button.
b. Click on the Patch for the Unit type you want.
c. Click on the map you want to play.
d. Click on the "Deploy" tab at the bottom of the screen.
This automatically give you every server running that map. You can then click on the "Icons" "Server Name" or other bars at the top to help sort through the servers listed.

2. Use the Favorites feature. (this only works with the AA MBS and does not work with the Gamespy browser)
a. Join a server.
b. At the bottom of the F1 screen is a button that says "Add this server to favorites" click it and it will save it to your favorites list.
c. When you want to join one of your favorite servers click on the "AA Browser" button and then click the "Favorites" tab on the top row. It will take you to a new screen that lists your favorite servers. You can do the same thing to save and play with your buddies.

Please don't turn this into a "This browser sux thread". If you don't like the AA MBS you don't have to use it. YOu can go to "Settings" click the "Game" tab and change your browser to Gamespy.

Any questions?

[AACM Note: Also, please check this post http://forum.americasarmy.com/...232256]

Last edited by -Zait- on 17 Sep 2006 19:00; edited 2 times in total
MWG|Prophet

First Sergeant

Posted: 17 Sep 2006 18:53 Profile

Thumbnail images won't stretch the forums ya know.

Otherwise, good info. I know a lot of people have been complaining about the new browser.

MelonPopperNZ

Private

Posted: 17 Sep 2006 18:58 Profile

I dont mind the new browser, although I have one problem with it: I cant seem to get my filters to save. I'm from New Zealand and are trying to save the Aussie only servers. After I finish playing and go to start AA again, all the filters I have set have gone back to the default. Can anybody please help?

Arschbombe

Sergeant

Posted: 17 Sep 2006 18:59 Profile

I've found that switching to using the Gamespy server list improves the response of the browser.

-Zait-

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 17 Sep 2006 19:00 Profile United States

MelonPopperNZ wrote:

I dont mind the new browser, although I have one problem with it: I cant seem to get my filters to save. I'm from New Zealand and are trying to save the Aussie only servers. After I finish playing and go to start AA again, all the filters I have set have gone back to the default. Can anybody please help?

Known issue. See the line in orange above.

-Zait-

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 17 Sep 2006 19:01 Profile United States

Arschbombe wrote:

I've found that switching to using the Gamespy server list improves the response of the browser.

Yes but again, you will not be able to save any servers or friends to your favorites list.

Arschbombe

Sergeant

Posted: 17 Sep 2006 19:37 Profile

-Zait- wrote:

Yes but again, you will not be able to save any servers or friends to your favorites list.

That's OK. The maps I like aren't very popular and there is usually only a handful of servers for them. Plus I have no friends.

MelonPopperNZ

Private

Posted: 17 Sep 2006 19:42 Profile

-Zait- wrote:

MelonPopperNZ wrote:

Known issue. See the line in orange above.

Thanks for that, ill put them into my favourites.
maybe I need glasses Cheesy Grin

Ryz+

Private First Class

Posted: 17 Sep 2006 20:20 Profile

Arschbombe wrote:

That's OK. The maps I like aren't very popular and there is usually only a handful of servers for them. Plus I have no friends.

LOL

][LikwidN2][

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 18 Sep 2006 14:20 Profile United States

I can't get any servers to show up using the GS browser. Do you need to have GS Arcade installed still?

-Zait-

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 18 Sep 2006 14:56 Profile United States

-]}]}-LikwidN2 wrote:

I can't get any servers to show up using the GS browser. Do you need to have GS Arcade installed still?

You shouldn't because I don't and I can see them. Sounds like you have a firewall/port issue. Try posting the question in the Support section of the forum.

Patriot-=Of-God=-

Recruit

Posted: 18 Sep 2006 15:38 Profile

Hmm, the browser is not working at all here. It seems to ignore all the things I set with the filters (I'm not talking about the browser not saving filter settings, it just ignores them). When I make a filter that filters out Mout Mckenna servers, I get servers with ALL kinds of maps. When I select Public Servers Only, I still get the password protected servers.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I do know I have no idea what it is.

wildstar314

Recruit

Posted: 18 Sep 2006 21:37 Profile

Yeah when I get in the game I go to deployment and there are little pictures of the maps and I choose one and play. But if I disconnect, the pictures go away and I cant select the map I want by picture and the browser wont list ANY servers, on ANY Map, using ANY filters!! So I have to shut down AA and then load it up again to be able to play at all!! Please help.

Guns4Hire

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 18 Sep 2006 23:19 Profile

I have a question. Why are the pings so far off when using the AA Browser? I go in an refresh the list and Euro servers are mixed in with the NA servers. And pings are extremely low. Ping of 40 but in game its 220 etc. I for the most part use All Seeing Eye. So I can check both and ASE gives proper pings +10/20 but AABrowser is off by hundreds. It was like this last version for me as well.

Right now its unusable.

MajorWinters

Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 19 Sep 2006 03:13 Profile Belgium

Guns4Hire wrote:

I have a question. Why are the pings so far off when using the AA Browser? I go in an refresh the list and Euro servers are mixed in with the NA servers. And pings are extremely low. Ping of 40 but in game its 220 etc. I for the most part use All Seeing Eye. So I can check both and ASE gives proper pings +10/20 but AABrowser is off by hundreds. It was like this last version for me as well.

Right now its unusable.

I believe they are still working on the ping column.

Youtube channel | Manual | Live Support

Using the AA Master Browser System 

Page 1 of 5     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: