» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 7 of 9     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

How to use the SAI 

JohVooQua-LSG

Private

Posted: 09 Jul 2008 12:30 Profile United States

That helps quite a bit! Very Happy

"For every dark night, there's a bright day after that, so no matter how hard it gets keep your head up, stick your chest out and handle it."

.Mark

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 20 Jul 2008 12:27 Profile Holy See (Vatican City State)

A common misconception is that the SAI displays ALL your teammates. This is only accurate when you hold the VIP/Squad Leader positions.

It's still good practice to report in, even if only to prevent an accidental TK.

X-Marksman-X

Recruit

Posted: 27 Aug 2008 21:45 Profile

-Zait- wrote:

Learner-=Of-God=- wrote:

Why do players often disappear on the SAI?

Because they go out of your linked line of sight.

I'm not entirely sure, but I've noticed that if they are not visible on the SAI when they report in, a yellow flashing beacon will appear at they're current location briefly then disappear again. That has saved me from nading teammates a few times. Other times, I'm not so lucky, and when I say 'sorry for tk, report in' they respond 'JUST USE THE SAI'. Kind of funny actually.

]i[.Faz

Recruit

Posted: 06 Sep 2008 03:07 Profile United Kingdom

Nice job Zait.
I hate it when people don't report the enemy, they are such idiots for that, just to get kills. And then sometimes they get killed and we have no clue were the enemies are.

I report always, sometimes i even show the enemy spotted icon just to get teammates to focus there, even if no enemy is there. And i cover their blind side.

mutant_cookie

Recruit

Posted: 20 Sep 2008 23:06 Profile United States

thianks

Joe2.0

Private

Posted: 29 Oct 2008 23:15 Profile United States

is there any way to ensure that your teamates see you report in? (similar question: is it possible to ensure your teamates won't be idiots?)

[VET]Bud

First Sergeant

Posted: 30 Oct 2008 02:27 Profile United States

That depends on two factors, one of which you have no control over, that being outside another team mates SAI. The other one is the frequency of use in regards to reporting in.

In regards to 'idiots', a team is people working together, using a plan, and cooperating to achieve a common goal.

"If you fail to plan, plan on failing."

The only idiots on a team are those that use "I" instead of "we".

Pro Tip ~ Bind your 'Report In' key to your 'Push To Talk' key (TS2 or Vent). When you transmit to talk, it will also report in. This is a competition setting and very effective.

Duty ~ Honor ~ Country

United States Army ~ (Ordnance) Veteran ~ 1982 to 1990

Terms of Service | AA3 Game Manual | AA Game Manual | IRC Support Channel | Create Game Account

Joe2.0

Private

Posted: 30 Oct 2008 16:33 Profile United States

thanks, bud
why i get tk'ed most is someone throws smoke, i run through the smoke, and then they throw frags through the smoke; why do they do this?

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 30 Oct 2008 16:55 Profile United States

Joe2.0 wrote:

thanks, bud
why i get tk'ed most is someone throws smoke, i run through the smoke, and then they throw frags through the smoke; why do they do this?

It's a tactic. If anything else, don't go into the smoke. Otherwise, just report in before you have to go in next time.

The_Lost_Marauder

Sergeant Major

Posted: 04 Nov 2008 03:48 Profile Brunei Darussalam

this might be a good place for my question...
about the ES2 Co-op map SF Border, I was wondering about IED red flags: once ready-to-blow explosives are reported, a red flag appears on the SAI. Does it remain until the round is over or does it disappear aftera while?
Because I've seen Yellow flags fading, but they are not important as the Red ones.

RoringLian

Private

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 16:39 Profile

Using SAI is important and most people dont use or pay attention to it. I mean, why would the dev. put it in game if it wasn't suppost to be used?? Rolling Eyes Whatever...

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 16:42 Profile United States

RoringLian wrote:

Using SAI is important and most people dont use or pay attention to it. I mean, why would the dev. put it in game if it wasn't suppost to be used?? Rolling Eyes Whatever...

Because some people, to put it lightly, are not very smart.

It's used, but not from the not very smart people.

D.Kirkland[3rdID]

Private

Posted: 21 Nov 2008 17:01 Profile

unforgiven91 wrote:

bravo *applauds rediculously* *sheds a tear*

Same here

RainmakerLTU

Recruit

Posted: 22 Nov 2008 10:20 Profile Lithuania

well about idiots on team - on swat4 tss, we call them rambo`s, when they think they can get all map and all suspects/enemy, without dying...

about cars - actually in ES2 Border - even exploded cars can be marked.

Sometimes when you mark from safe distance, you get 50 points instead 5.

Sometimes one car with propane ballon on road to C is invisible, BUT it is there (looking to C it is at left side of road) - saw many ppl exploded bcos invisible car.

About idiots part 2: rambos, inexperienced player and all other badasses don`t read the forum. Noticed the same on BF2 and swat4 forums.

/Rambo is a myth. US Marines./

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 22 Nov 2008 18:03 Profile United States

RainmakerLTU wrote:

well about idiots on team - on swat4 tss, we call them rambo`s, when they think they can get all map and all suspects/enemy, without dying...

about cars - actually in ES2 Border - even exploded cars can be marked.

Sometimes when you mark from safe distance, you get 50 points instead 5.

Sometimes one car with propane ballon on road to C is invisible, BUT it is there (looking to C it is at left side of road) - saw many ppl exploded bcos invisible car.

About idiots part 2: rambos, inexperienced player and all other badasses don`t read the forum. Noticed the same on BF2 and swat4 forums.

/Rambo is a myth. US Marines./

People who go for kills, and wasting time for everyone who has all died off spectating them or the camper, yep, we call them Rambos. People who go for kills alone and never speak to anyone, and usually sniping, lone wolves. No matter what you call them, they all caqre about their FR, and I have YET to see anyone actually REWARDED for doing the OBJ!

How to use the SAI 

« Previous Page        Page 7 of 9     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: