Come Back Stories..
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 7 of 8     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

THE solution for the widespread fps problem in 2.5 

cornelius

Sergeant

Posted: 08 Nov 2005 13:33 Profile

I'm re-installing AA right now to try this log-in thing, but are there any other tweaks I should do? Do I need to touch the .ini file at all? If so, what do I do?

thanks

Avtandil

Private

Posted: 08 Nov 2005 15:01 Profile

why dont we just get together and build our own AAO 2.6 or even higher for our macs?

Lol kidding! I think the number of people who knows how to tweak the ini. files on mac increased comparing to PC users.

It means that soon we all be ini.file tweaking proffesionals and beat the PC users on evey map wih our tweaked in.files and increased fps and etc.

Laughing

Fentanyl

Sergeant

Posted: 08 Nov 2005 18:57 Profile Canada

cornelius wrote:

I'm re-installing AA right now to try this log-in thing, but are there any other tweaks I should do? Do I need to touch the .ini file at all? If so, what do I do?

thanks

after disabling auto-login I did not tweak my .ini except to force texture compression (under OpenGL renderer, ForceCompression=True) to be able to crank my texture resolution (32MB vid card here). I found all other tweaks did not make a performance difference in online play (offline you might get higher fps). However, if you have a low-end computer, you might wanna try disabling Client-side Effects to improve FPS during firefights (go in your User.ini, make bNoClientSideEffects=True)

cornelius

Sergeant

Posted: 09 Nov 2005 00:31 Profile

I read somewhere that you should not go the log in screen at all. Well how is AA supposed to ever know your user name/password then? And if I've already done it, do I need to uninstall/reinstall? Right now I've just unchecked the auto login (Save password is still there, along w/ my name and password) and it still is unplayable.

Powerbook G4 - 1.67
128 MB video
1 GB ram
80 GB HD

Fentanyl

Sergeant

Posted: 09 Nov 2005 14:50 Profile Canada

cornelius wrote:

I read somewhere that you should not go the log in screen at all. Well how is AA supposed to ever know your user name/password then? And if I've already done it, do I need to uninstall/reinstall? Right now I've just unchecked the auto login (Save password is still there, along w/ my name and password) and it still is unplayable.

Powerbook G4 - 1.67
128 MB video
1 GB ram
80 GB HD

I'll tell you what worked for me step by step.
1. Open AA, go in Personal Jacket, make sure Save Name & Password is checked
2. Enter name + password
3. Make sure Automatic Login is unchecked
4. Click Load
5. Relaunch AA.

you can now join a server or complete a training mission. going to Personnal Jacket will not give you fps problems, but do not click Load or check auto-login.

Slonar

Sergeant

Posted: 10 Nov 2005 19:56 Profile

Go here http://bugzilla.icculus.org/sh...id=2460

at the bottom completly there is a link for a patch or something. This is not a joke.

Quote:

Ok, here's a hotfix for the issue guys.

http://treefort.icculus.org/ar...50a.dmg

--ryan.

-Pockets-

Private First Class

Posted: 13 Nov 2005 07:14 Profile

Fentanyl wrote:

cornelius wrote:

thanks

after disabling auto-login I did not tweak my .ini except to force texture compression (under OpenGL renderer, ForceCompression=True) to be able to crank my texture resolution (32MB vid card here). I found all other tweaks did not make a performance difference in online play (offline you might get higher fps). However, if you have a low-end computer, you might wanna try disabling Client-side Effects to improve FPS during firefights (go in your User.ini, make bNoClientSideEffects=True)

Thank for FPS Info, BUT I cannot find the last one bNoClientSideEffects=True, I have used search to look and also Manually but no luck. Any advise. ???

-Pockets-

Private First Class

Posted: 13 Nov 2005 07:28 Profile

Fentanyl, SORRY I found it I was looking in the wrong ini. file. THANKS for advise anyway.
CYA

[Wit]

Recruit

Posted: 20 Dec 2005 19:59 Profile

This didn't really solve any problems for me, does this game generally run slow? Other games like Ghost Recon/SOF2 seem to run fine and real nice and smooth, the camera movement still seems pretty slow for me in this though. ATI 9200 on my eMac, and i've never had this problem with any other game.

d4n!o

Recruit

Posted: 06 Jan 2006 19:20 Profile

Worked for me perfectly! Thanks! Smile

flightace37

Sergeant

Posted: 20 Feb 2006 17:32 Profile

[Wit] wrote:

This didn't really solve any problems for me, does this game generally run slow? Other games like Ghost Recon/SOF2 seem to run fine and real nice and smooth, the camera movement still seems pretty slow for me in this though. ATI 9200 on my eMac, and i've never had this problem with any other game.

Make sure you go download the AA 2.50a patch for Mac that has a link around here somewhere.

America's Army is a very CPU-dependent game.

My 1.5 Ghz PowerBook G4 with 1 GB of ram and a Radeon 9700 Mobility (64 MB) averages 20-25 fps on Bridge with decals turned off and everything else but physics up on the highest settings. Turning those settings down, in my case, has no effect on game performance.

By contrast, a dual 2.0 Ghz PowerMac would run this game QUITE well, even if it had the same graphics card as my laptop.

You should note that most PCs rigged for gaming are dual-core/dual-processor 2.0-3.2 Ghz machines. It's just that AA really requires all that power to run well. It's inefficient, and the fact that we get a port doesn't help.

- GUI version - filefront

{COS}FlyingJackal456

Recruit

Posted: 30 Mar 2006 13:35 Profile

You will only notice the improvement of the patch if your computer is a Single processor. Dual processors shouldn't see too much of an improvement.

128MB Radeon 9800 Pro 64MB Mobility Radeon 9700
Dual DVD Burners DVD Burner

$noop

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 03 Apr 2006 10:46 Profile

well this is a little old topic..I don't think it needs stickying..

AACommand
News - Coverage - Tactics - Forums

[GET A SERVER SIG HERE]
Embedded Image

LT.aNoNyMouS

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 16 Apr 2006 15:25 Profile

I get extremely low fps onmy powerbook ? all settings low. (and lower) most things turned off. I get 25 fps tops on shoot house. no tweaking. just a heads up to make 2.6 a bit less laggy

flightace37

Sergeant

Posted: 23 Apr 2006 14:31 Profile

[BM]aNoNyMouS wrote:

I get extremely low fps onmy powerbook ? all settings low. (and lower) most things turned off. I get 25 fps tops on shoot house. no tweaking. just a heads up to make 2.6 a bit less laggy

I know this is old, but it does deserve a reply.

25 fps on shoot house is considered a very good framerate amongst G4 owners. lol

I get 25 fps average on Bridge Crossing, online, 35 offline.

PowerBook G4 1.5 Ghz, 15", Radeon 9700 64 MB, 1 gigabyte of RAM, 5400 rpm HD.

Also, turn all your graphics settings up; only turning decals off helps, and only during combat at that. The rest of them have no effect on framerate.

America's Army was never truly optimized to run on PowerPC.

THE solution for the widespread fps problem in 2.5 

« Previous Page        Page 7 of 8     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: