Server Admin Info
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 6 of 8     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

THE solution for the widespread fps problem in 2.5 

jhkj

Private First Class

Posted: 04 Nov 2005 08:30 Profile

I did not notice any performance gain with this "tweak".

verucabong

Recruit

Posted: 04 Nov 2005 09:05 Profile

this solution is THE best. I can't believe it's so simple. I'm actually getting better framerates on 2.5 than 2.3!

Bunny_Slayer

Recruit

Posted: 04 Nov 2005 14:15 Profile

I was running 2.5 w/ 10 fps. Now it runs at close to 40 fps. I still cant believe auto log in was the problem its the last thing id consider

[Sharp]

Recruit

Posted: 04 Nov 2005 16:46 Profile

Thanks! It works realy good. Now can i compit with the pc. Laughing

Dooom

Private

Posted: 04 Nov 2005 18:15 Profile

Meh...still averaging 15fps.

Jokermole

Recruit

Posted: 05 Nov 2005 00:11 Profile

On my G4 Ibook (1.33 Ghz), I only got 2 fps Frowning Crying or Very Sad
now Im getting 17-35. Awesome!
I suggest not screwing with the ini. It doesn't help me Neutral

-Mac-Oliver.us

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 05 Nov 2005 10:40 Profile

I suggest using the armyops.ini tweeks in addition to the no automatic login thing. My 1.25ghz single G4 MDD (XServe based dual boot) leaped from 7 - 14 fps with just the armyops.ini tweeks, to nothing lower than 21 fps, even on the new maps. Often on maps I got decent high 20s framerates with before, I now get framerates above 40.

Brian Bang Donofrio

Recruit

Posted: 05 Nov 2005 21:22 Profile

Yikes for a non- technical mac user this issue of the frame rates makes this new version a no go. I would hope that the developers realize that this is a code issue and correct the problem?

(SiX)Sheixhundt

Private

Posted: 05 Nov 2005 22:39 Profile

Yikes,

if the thought of following a very easy step by step instruction for changing words in a text file is overwhelming, you must not want to play very badly.

The tweaks along with the Auto-login disable make this game playable for 80% of those that were having trouble..so pass it up if you want.

amonsloane

Recruit

Posted: 06 Nov 2005 18:23 Profile

(SiX)Sheixhundt wrote:

Yikes,

if the thought of following a very easy step by step instruction for changing words in a text file is overwhelming, you must not want to play very badly.

The tweaks along with the Auto-login disable make this game playable for 80% of those that were having trouble..so pass it up if you want.

that was a little harsh man, just cause someone isn't as computer savvy as you and aren't comfortable messing with something that they correctly recognize as a file that could mess up their game if they do something wrong, doesn't mean you can flame them for it.

not everyone understands and/or feels comfortable changing the inner workings of a complex application.

just try to see where he's coming from before you belittle him

brian:
it really is easy to modify the ini file, the hardest part is finding the section to modify (its kinda near the bottom), and you should always make a backup copy of that kinda thing before modifying it, so that if you do mess it up, you can just replace it with the backup

Fentanyl

Sergeant

Posted: 06 Nov 2005 21:12 Profile Canada

amonsloane wrote:

that was a little harsh man, just cause someone isn't as computer savvy as you and aren't comfortable messing with something that they correctly recognize as a file that could mess up their game if they do something wrong, doesn't mean you can flame them for it.

not everyone understands and/or feels comfortable changing the inner workings of a complex application.

ahem, you do NOT need to be computer savvy to edit a text file based on clear instructions! If you know how to read and understand instructions, open a text file and use the search function, you can do it!

edit: oh I forgot - do you need to be computer savvy to point at a check box, uncheck it and restart an app?

edit2: link to the very clear and simple Mac AA Tweak Guide!

wendell2525

Recruit

Posted: 07 Nov 2005 12:31 Profile

There are many many users who will never visit this forum and will never see the tweak guide (it's a wonderful thing for those of us who find it). They will download 2.5, they'll try it and get killed in about 2 seconds, they'll decide the game sucks, and move on. Whether it's easy to edit an .ini and turn off autologin or not, a tweak guide shouldn't be necessary in a game that is otherwise so advanced. Fortunately, I suspect that others think the same thing and are working on it. The biggest problem will be having to dowload the fix ....

LT.aNoNyMouS

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 07 Nov 2005 21:43 Profile

hehe Sad my powerbook gets about 27-45 in shoot house...... (all good there)

but when I go online and play BRIDGE!!! I get about an average of 10-20 sometimes being 25.

irunx.qc

Recruit

Posted: 07 Nov 2005 23:20 Profile

How do we show fps...

i know thats a console cmd but i dont remember it

Thx to help me

Jokermole

Recruit

Posted: 08 Nov 2005 00:00 Profile

Open Console while playing by pressing ~
Then type stat fps

fps= frames per second