» See more topics

Page 1 of 3     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

AA 2.5 Mac Tweak Guide 

atFault

Sergeant

Posted: 01 Nov 2005 14:15 Profile

Credit:
Most of the work that is included is that of Karoush Ghazi from http://www.tweakguides.com. This document has simply been modified to be specific to the Macintosh version of America's Army while adding a few other notes that will hopefully make version 2.5 playable for those on older Macintosh computers.

1. To get the PDF right click (control+click) and 'Download Linked File'

AA 2.5 Mac Tweak Guide

2. Get a group together and go to http://www.firsttokill.com and sign up for an account then join us Mac heads online for some match combat action. Not required, but it is lots of fun.

I welcome any other suggestions that could be included in this document and will update it if they provide improvements for players. Either post here or e-mail me at atfault@firsttokill.com

Balthamos

First Sergeant

Posted: 01 Nov 2005 16:41 Profile

Nice post.

Sticky. Smile

~Balthamos

[BM]-=Herrmoo=-

Private First Class

Posted: 22 Dec 2005 08:09 Profile

THX ALOT atFault!!!! my machine was doing a 15 fps Sad now around 25 fps Smile still pretty bad but better Smile thx for the guide!!!

atFault

Sergeant

Posted: 22 Dec 2005 11:04 Profile

Make sure you have the latest patch too. Your version number should be 2.5.0a. If anyone doesn't have it it's available here: http://macgamefiles.com/detail...m=17749

Chowder_owens

Recruit

Posted: 29 Jun 2006 01:07 Profile

Where are the application to open these settings? there are no applications called that in my 'application support' folder, not even an Americas army folder in the 'application support' folder!

I need help

Balthamos

First Sergeant

Posted: 29 Jun 2006 03:03 Profile

To open up the ini file, you use a standard text editor, like TextEdit (found in your Applications folder).

~Balthamos

Chowder_owens

Recruit

Posted: 29 Jun 2006 23:49 Profile

All I see in my Americas army folder is the game application and 2 read mes... no .ini file

atFault

Sergeant

Posted: 30 Jun 2006 08:24 Profile

the user.ini and the armpops.ini are found in:

~/library/Application Suport/Army Operations 2.5.0/System/

Where "~" is your home/user folder in OS X.

Chowder_owens

Recruit

Posted: 30 Jun 2006 18:55 Profile

Yea I found it... It wasn't in the application support folder but its on my computer.

flyer_13

Private First Class

Posted: 30 Jun 2006 21:15 Profile

weird... where was it at Question

atFault

Sergeant

Posted: 02 Jul 2006 11:25 Profile

It won't work unless it's in there. I don't think AA will recognize aliases either, but even then you would have to know where it was in order to make an alias of the original file.

Chowder_owens

Recruit

Posted: 04 Jul 2006 16:16 Profile

I followed the tweak guide but my FPS is up around 15 and 20, but when im shot at it zipps down to 5... is there anyway to make my FPS even betteR?

I download my game from this Azerus program... should I redownload the game from a website and try the tweak guide again???

flyer_13

Private First Class

Posted: 04 Jul 2006 17:26 Profile

Downloading it again won't help you any. What's the configuration of your computer? It will help us to know what model you have, how much ram, and all that good stuff.

Cheers,

--flyer_13

Chowder_owens

Recruit

Posted: 04 Jul 2006 18:47 Profile

Machine Name: eMac
Machine Model: PowerMac4,4
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (2.1)
CPU Speed: 700 MHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB
Memory: 512 MB
Bus Speed: 100 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.4.2f1

flyer_13

Private First Class

Posted: 05 Jul 2006 09:55 Profile

Yeah, you've got kind of a slower system.

Here's another question I forgot to ask: what FPS do you get in single player mode? It may have just been the server(s) that you were connecting to were lagging a lot (happens to the best of us). Another thing to check is how fast your internet connection is, but as long as you're not on dial-up you should probably be just fine in that department. Fortunately there aren't many people left that are silly enough to use dial-up so I don't expect that's your problem. Cheesy Grin

So open up a single player map (type something like 'open bridge' in the console, in case you don't know already) and see what your FPS is like. Then try playing with the video quality settings in your preferences and see if you can get it playing smoother.

I don't know what kind of gaming performance you can expect to get out of your machine, it's a little bit behind the curve. Wink Besides that, you've just gotta expect some lag during online play, it's just going to happen no matter what game you're playing, just gotta find the servers that you can get the best connection to; or create your own if you have a spare computer lying around (even an old PC, just install Linux on it Very Happy ). Just don't ever run a server on the same computer you're playing from, that will definately get you killed.... Cheesy Grin

Cheers,

--flyer_13

AA 2.5 Mac Tweak Guide 

Page 1 of 3     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: