« Previous Page        Page 12 of 13     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

CQB Advanced Skills & Tactics, March 18 2006 update 

Garlay

Sergeant

Posted: 23 Feb 2007 07:57 Profile

Tried UA recently after the break.
Conclusion: don't play CQC maps.

It's a combat between pings, not people and the recoil reduction and insane M16 accuracy (unscoped) take away all the fun, or tactics.

This plus the glitching hordes, double binds etc.

And the nice ROE I keep getting because of the muggy ACUs looking the same as op4.

jasonz619

Private First Class

Posted: 26 Feb 2007 18:20 Profile

[quote="[user="daggertiger"]52805[/user]"][*]There are two, sometimes three, distinctive sounds that needs to happen before a nade is tossed. The first one is the pin-pulling sound *crick*, the second is the handle-releasing sound *pling*, and sometimes the third sound is the shout ("frag out" by friendlies, "brosite granata" by enemies). Learn to listen for these sounds.
[/list][/quote]

Whenever e throws nade, i usually hear "You better get out of there."

Gr1mSh33per

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 26 Feb 2007 22:38 Profile

jasonz619 wrote:

daggertiger wrote:

[*]There are two, sometimes three, distinctive sounds that needs to happen before a nade is tossed. The first one is the pin-pulling sound *crick*, the second is the handle-releasing sound *pling*, and sometimes the third sound is the shout ("frag out" by friendlies, "brosite granata" by enemies). Learn to listen for these sounds.
[/list]

Whenever e throws nade, i usually hear "You better get out of there."

That's an interesting interpretation, since you got the right number of syllables and sounds correct.

Although the enemies will never be speaking English, only in Opforian.

IIISSS PPPEEEDRRROOO TTTHHHEEERRREEE????? (gotta love napoleon dynamite)

Search.Search.Search

jasonz619

Private First Class

Posted: 27 Feb 2007 16:28 Profile

for some reason, i hear it all the time.

daggertiger

Sergeant

Posted: 07 Mar 2007 13:33 Profile Holy See (Vatican City State)

jasonz619 wrote:

for some reason, i hear it all the time.

OMD, you're hearing voices! Shocked
Cheesy Grin

jasonz619

Private First Class

Posted: 07 Mar 2007 19:15 Profile

i swear, i hear it all the time.

Ranger_Terry

Recruit

Posted: 10 Apr 2007 14:38 Profile

From a real world prospective and condensed.

Work as a team, the guy in front should cover forward, 2nd guy covers where 1st is most exposed. 3rd covers the flank and helps Rear Guard. 4th Covers the teams six o clock.

Move as a team, keep to cover, never move in the open, in areas that you may be suppressed or exposed unnecessarily. Moving along a wall is better then being in the centre of a room. When going for corners -> Keep to the strong side and try to 'slice the pie' when possible.

Think, if the enemy comes round that corner which side will th ey see first, which last. See first, shoot first, die an old man.

When having to cut a hot corner, crouch and lean around it before you take it. If your outside (large open area). You should prone out while a team mate provides cover incase the Enemy rushes (minimize silhouette). If you can't take the time to do this side step around the corner and be prepared to cut back behind the wall.

Doors -> NEVER STAND IN FRONT OF THE DOOR !!!!! NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always 'stack up' -> The stack is a logical method of forming up to enter a room in an effective manner. Stack on a side of the door where you will not be exposed to immediate suppressive fires once the door is open.

The team should form on the door, first man opens, 2nd covers 1st. 3rd deploys grenade, 4th watches rear (as situation allows).

The first man _NEVER_ deploys grenades unless doing other wise is a risk to the team or mission. #2 or #3 should, this keeps the door covered, a grenade ready and some one (preferable #1/#2) ready to storm the room with guns ready.

If a room is occupied and threats are aware, deploy flashbang or frag. If you've not learned how to grenade a room don't deploy it. The loss of Honour is bad in AAO ;-)

Once the grenade goes off GET IN THE ROOM FAST. #1, #2, #3, #4 in that order (Linear Stack). Don't stop moving and don't CLOG THE DOOR.

Enter and move LEFT or RIGHT, keep close to walls and cover and don't stop moving, fire on the move until you hit a point where you can control the room.

Report in often and watch reports when operating without a dedicated 'plan' you don't want to flash/frag friendlies that are in your mission Area.

Personally my suggest for movement via Fire team would be:

#1 - Rifleman
#2 - Grenadier/Rifleman
#3 - Fire team Leader / Rifleman
#4 - Automatic Rifleman (SAW guy)

When necessary move by pairs, 2 cover from a strong position while 2 move up. Rinse and repeat.

A SAW firing supressive fire can be very effective even if it doesn't kill the target. Especially if you can employ AR and Grenades to keep a threat busy while the rest of the team flanks the enemy from a side room or hallway.

Never linger -> Clear the room, Secure it (close doors, complete objectives), and get out of there fast.

If you have to reload in a fight, switch to another weapon. Personally I like a sidearm for just such a case. When you do reload -> Inform you teammates and have them cover you till your gun is live.

The best thing for CQB, is work as a team, practice, train hard, and keep doing it till you get good at it. The mind is just as good a weapon as a crack shot :-)

AAO is the most realistic game yet most unrealistic game I've ever played. Real world CQB often does not apply due to the way many people play but the concepts can be helpful. You might enjoy training in such things IRL, I think theres some stuff in the private sector for people that can afford it.

Above all else.... don't clog doors, don't be stupid, be sure of your target, careful with the grenade, and never give up.

BullHorn

Private First Class

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 03:59 Profile

This is an awesome guide!

I just wish the game ran better on my machine (3200+, GF6800GT, 1GB ram). :/

cptfirefox

Private

Posted: 13 May 2007 14:44 Profile United States

I was reading through this and there seems to be some confusion on the silencer. The deal with (and the reason I rarely use it) is because while the bullets do the same, your accuracy is reduced by like 40-60%. (Not sure exactly how much.) Anyway, for anything required ironsights or scopes, I would recommend removing your silencer if you have time.

daggertiger

Sergeant

Posted: 05 Jun 2007 11:57 Profile Holy See (Vatican City State)

cptfirefox wrote:

I was reading through this and there seems to be some confusion on the silencer. The deal with (and the reason I rarely use it) is because while the bullets do the same, your accuracy is reduced by like 40-60%. (Not sure exactly how much.) Anyway, for anything required ironsights or scopes, I would recommend removing your silencer if you have time.

I don't experience the same thing, so I can't agree with you. Why would the developers build and use a different bullet impact model for guns with suppressors? Especially since there should be no difference in real life.

The biggest value of suppressors to me is, not surprisingly, sound suppression. Putting suppressors on preserves my hearing so I remain sensitive to footsteps.

Shadow_Justice

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 08 Jun 2007 03:44 Profile United States

I never heard or seen suppressors affecting accuracy on the M4 SOPMOD, SPR, nor on the AK74... Confused

Twinchlian

Recruit

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 07:08 Profile

Cav_Tanker wrote:

Bunny hopping, I hate it.... I don't recall ever jumping around like an idiot while getting shot at. Those who are in the Army know it's not easy to jump around with a full combat load on.

I realize, ofcourse, that the bunnyhop is completly UNREAL. But, in paintball matches I rutinely use the dive-roll-shoot tactic (of Hong Kong-style action movies) with succsess. Whitch would, I think, be the RL equivialent of bunnyhopping.

Combat veterans: Thats just stoopid/impossible?? I mean, with a live weapon (recoil, weigth and all that) and adding assorted combat equipment? OR: Is it possible, and in that case; could *thinking* of the bunnyhop as a defacto RL dive-roll-shoot justify the practise?

Shadow_Justice

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 16:26 Profile United States

Nope, as the combat veteran said, you can't bunnyhop with full tactical gear while under fire even while doing a dive-roll-shoot combo!

Twinchlian

Recruit

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 20:28 Profile

Well, acctually, he said you couldnt bunnyhop. "It is not easy to jump around with a full combat load on."

This migth be a hard consept to grasp - but, as the limitations of a computergame denies the possibility of the dive-roll-shoot and other RL CQC-evasive actions - instead you pretend, inside your head like, imagine so to say, that the guy bunnyhopping (impossible) is doing something of an equivialent, (possible?) like a dive-roll-shoot or some other feasible action that would make him hard to hit.

I used the dive-roll-shoot because I know it works in a friendly paintball-game. But, really, expand said dive-roll-shoot to any working evasive action that makes you hard to hit while you're still able to unload your clip c e n t e r m a s s and wearing a full combat load.

Combat Veterans: Possible? Not Possible?

Shadow_Justice

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 11 Jul 2007 10:26 Profile United States

It's not possible with the gear that Soldiers have! Combat is not like a paintball session so stop the comparison! It's easy, check your gear in a paintball session, then watch a Soldier with over 60 pounds of combat gear in battle and see the difference.

CQB Advanced Skills & Tactics, March 18 2006 update 

« Previous Page        Page 12 of 13     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: