Shadow_Justice

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 26 Sep 2006 00:29 Profile United States

daggertiger wrote:

Cross_Shadow_Blitz wrote:

daggertiger wrote:

Cross_Shadow_Blitz wrote:

Did you get the mouse you wanted Daggertiger Question

Well, I got the Logitech G5 but I hate its shape. I think I'm gonna buy me a logitech MX 400 instead. It has lower resolution, but it's a lot more ergonomic.

I got the Logitech MX 518. I think there are the same shape though but different frame colors and DPI. Confused Let us know if the mouse has an effect on CQB. Very Happy

I got me the MX 400, and I'm very happy with it because:
- Compared with the G5 with all the weights removed, it's still slightly lighter.
- Standard 4 small feet, which means there is a lot less friction than the G5. Making precise burst shots is a lot more easier.
- Very ergonomic shape and fits my hand (and style of play) a lot better than the G5. It lets me pick the mouse up with my pinky and ring finger, as opposed to pinky only with the G5.
- Programmable buttons. It can't be set to auto-detect a game like the G5, but G5's auto detect feature doesn't work 100% anyway.
- Comparable laser precision to the G5. I didn't change the mouse resolution in AA (which I adjusted down to compensate for G5's 2000 dpi laser), yet my shot pattern remains largely the same. That can only mean the laser engine for MX 400 has either 2000 DPI or 1600DPI. The difference between 2000DPI and 1600DPI is immaterial.
- The MX400 retails for $39.99 while the G5 sells for $69.99.

Geez that Logitech G5 is way to complex or it has some meaningless features Laughing . It is almost exactly the same shape and button configuration as my Mx518 but like I said with meaningless features such as the weight thing. Shocked Laughing Good job on getting the Mx400 Very Happy Exclamation Atleast you didn't end up choosing hype over what u needed for a mouse. Cheesy Grin

DragunovSniperElite

Private

Posted: 21 Nov 2006 21:46 Profile

sweet guide, but strafing is very slow, r u sure it works?

Shadow_Justice

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 23 Nov 2006 16:04 Profile United States

DragunovSniperElite wrote:

What's wrong with strafe in this game Confused Question Why do you want strafe to be faster Confused Question

loser007

Private First Class

Posted: 25 Nov 2006 05:25 Profile

very nice guide dagger, im 53 honor and i changed considerably with ur guide, hence now i got 3.6 fr thx alot man!! Wink

SF_$n1p3r

Recruit

Posted: 02 Dec 2006 20:32 Profile

ok, so i found out that the newest version is now 2.7, so i downloaded it and installed, well they made alot of improvements but they removed the option to switch hands!
as i am rather new, i was kinda wondering, would switching hands with your weapon give you an advantage? like, your sitting at a corner that curves to the right, if you switched hands wouldn't your lean be more effective? i am wondering as i never got to try it out and see Sad

SF_$n1p3r

Recruit

Posted: 02 Dec 2006 21:00 Profile

Luckski wrote:

When I first started out I had a terrible time with actually hitting the OPFR.

What really helped my game was joining an empty server with a friend. One of use would side step back and forth while the other one fired from a distance and then up close.

Was able to get feed back on where my bullets were hitting ffrom each other.

Once I knew where to shoot my survival rate went way up.

when i was reealy new, i had some guy kinda do that with me, cept he didnt tell me where i was hitting, and he shot back, but it helped a little, even tho i still havent got the hang of an m16, guess im too used to my m4, i kinda need the 4x scope, the bipod, and the full auto capacity, can anyone help me with this? the three round burst just doesnt do it for me, and i cant get kills with single shot kinda for the same reason, only worse (one shot instead of three bfore i have to reset the fire button)

and does that one underground map count as CQB? i think its called "collapsed tunnel"

Maj0r Inc1d3nt

Sergeant

Posted: 02 Dec 2006 21:11 Profile United States

Ever considered useing the AR (SAW gun)? It may not help you hit anything but its not single shot or burst mode at least.

If guns kill people, then I can blame my pencil for misspelled words

chris102188

Recruit

Posted: 17 Dec 2006 14:51 Profile

thanks for the tips

loser007

Private First Class

Posted: 18 Dec 2006 14:31 Profile

This is one of the best guides written in AA. Are you a writer or something? Really good guide which will help alot of people.

I'll look for you in the battlefields.

loser007

Private First Class

Posted: 18 Dec 2006 14:35 Profile

How can u even shoot at CQB without strafing? Do u sit or stand still or something while the enemy is right in front of you?

In-case ur mind is somewhat inferior, starfing means to move left and right to avoid uncanny bullets! Oh and bullets is the thing that comes out of your gun....

Shadow_Justice

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 18 Dec 2006 15:02 Profile United States

adamska wrote:

How can u even shoot at CQB without strafing? Do u sit or stand still or something while the enemy is right in front of you?

In-case ur mind is somewhat inferior, starfing means to move left and right to avoid uncanny bullets! Oh and bullets is the thing that comes out of your gun....

Umm Adamska, he wanted the speed tweaked in this game; however, he should know that this game is aiming at becoming a simulator not another action shooter where bunning hopping and strafing back and forth is rampant in many games.

As for this thread, I thank Daggertiger for starting it and the rest of the posters who put additional insights and tactics on this for CQB.

TW_Reaper

Private First Class

Posted: 31 Dec 2006 23:42 Profile

Haha, I thought the part about running out the already open door on Urban was funny. Only a inexperienced player wouldn't fire to kill an enemy in fear of ROE.

For anybody over about 25 honor you would rather kill a teammate with an enemy to save your own life. If you win that round, you quite possibly could earn that ROE back, depending on how late into the round you are and what map you're on.

Good guide, though.

Pvt.Dutra

Private

Posted: 21 Jan 2007 20:48 Profile

that helps alot thanks Very Happy

Garlay

Sergeant

Posted: 08 Feb 2007 15:40 Profile

From my experience:
- learn how big your virtual avatar is and how far will your barrel stick out when you are either standing or (esspecially) prone. Numerous people got naded because of not being aware of the fact that they were standing too close to the corner/doorways.
This also applies to "open" maps like Border.

- jumping only works in one case - when you want to check if someone is waiting in an ambush. Walk out of cover just a bit and immiediately hit the other strafe button and spacebar. Do the same over walls to look around and nade. Jump twice - you might see someone getting a nade ready the second time.

- check your ping. if it is above 50 you need to aim a bit ahead of the target. It is safe to aim at his side even if the ping is lower.

- funny enought if your first 6-9 bullets missed you have little chance of hitting with the remaining ones. Don't bother. M16 is good because you can slow down the rof if you can't adjust the aim fast enought.

- Assign a keyboard button to fire. It allows for better control when you're using the M16 in burst mode. I use left Ctrl.

Ctrl-Alt-Elite

Recruit

Posted: 22 Feb 2007 17:52 Profile

If any of you play MOUT much youll recoginize me. I dont know why ppl knock the M16 so much. Especially in maps with M4's and one m16 with the 203. If you learn when to fire on Burst mode you can keep full auto firing up, it is also more accurate. I have played a ton of WC and i always get plenty of kills with the M16 against M4 sprayers. Also, if you use the m4, its a good idea to shoot about 3-6 rounds then split second pause then shoot more, pause rinse and repeat. The pausing will increase your accuracy greatly. I have killed many a OpFor hosing the area with a M4 while i burst mine and i will 87% of the time kill him. If you play mout, use gaps in the floor of upper grey and lower grey to nade upper and across the barrier. GL HF, and most importantly Pwn.

[GDN]Ctrl-Alt-Elite

PEACE!

CQB Advanced Skills & Tactics, March 18 2006 update 

« Previous Page        Page 11 of 13     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: