Open Letter
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 20 of 21     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

New Player's Guide to Common Traits & Skills 

MR.NiceGUy

Private First Class

Posted: 15 Mar 2008 15:42 Profile Israel

excellent guide I knew most of the tactics and I agree with you on everything...

HOOAH!

MAK112

Recruit

Posted: 17 Mar 2008 07:51 Profile Estonia

Last edited by MAK112 on 20 Mar 2008 22:54; edited 1 time in total
Submarine98

Private First Class

Posted: 17 Mar 2008 12:42 Profile United States

Good info for players. Especially the inexperienced ones.

Last edited by Submarine98 on 10 May 2008 14:53; edited 1 time in total
TugaKnight

Recruit

Posted: 24 Mar 2008 07:12 Profile Portugal

wow, thanks Smile

Quite useful information

Quietus

Private

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 03:29 Profile Canada

Just a quick thought on smoke. It's an obvious aid in providing visual cover but I've found that it the hiss of the nade works great in destroying the enemies ability to hone in on your footsteps as you beat a retreat or advance on a known position, it also covers the sound of popping a frag which often draws a quick attack. Anyway just another method I've found useful for smoke.

A New Level In Virtual Combat

)major_konig(

Private First Class

Posted: 31 Mar 2008 02:46 Profile

nice post

one thing i would say dont get to bumed about roe it happens

get over it

Sas.Mac.Sas

Recruit

Posted: 31 Mar 2008 15:52 Profile

hi guys just new 2 the game i need some help

Sas.Mac.Sas

Recruit

Posted: 31 Mar 2008 15:52 Profile

how do i get a high rank then a pvt ????

Sas.Mac.Sas

Recruit

Posted: 31 Mar 2008 15:53 Profile

and i cant seen 2 download some airbone maps can any1 help plzzz

Sas.Mac.Sas

Recruit

Posted: 31 Mar 2008 15:55 Profile

oOoOo thanks for this topic helped me out a good bit ;)xD

Sas.Mac.Sas

Recruit

Posted: 31 Mar 2008 15:56 Profile

i cant seem 2 get my game that i host on the severs so that meens i cant play with other players

smccaig67

Recruit

Posted: 02 Oct 2008 13:34 Profile

Thanks for the info. Good info here for us "inexperienced players".

SpinPhd

Recruit

Posted: 05 Oct 2008 20:47 Profile

Everyone says after training play... but nothing in the manuals or in the aid people try to give helps navigate the menus, missions, choices and confusion. I've done all the training but I'm stuck at an honor of 10, I've learned then that means I can't use my weapon sets I must use whatever the game give me. But do I just play? I've been playing, no luck, no change... Am I looking for a specific TYPE of play? I've played adversarial missions where the players just kill one another, ignore the objectives, is that ok? Does that help me? Should I be playing co-op? I see only two co-op games and I can't even play one of them. Read the manual but it never connects the dots, never connects the real concepts, never just comes out and explains what I'm seeing, what my choices are and what my constraints are. Yeah, that's helpful. Some coop games tell me the results don't help me because there are not enough players. Hell, what's enough? That might be nice to know! Some coop games get huge, players racking up points, me, killing opfor pretty well, tepid on points. What gives? Shot the bmp in coop game center broadside, didn't kill the bmp, didn't immobilize it, it pulled away and killed me, smoking all the time. Yeah, that ain't happening, that ain't real Army, yet I'm in the dark trying to figure out some super-secret 'see what it feels to be in the Army' list of steps and going no where fun. Hey, been there, done that, killed real bmps, but I'm going in circles in this real Army fake game! I just want to play.... enjoyably. But hey, didn't someone else say, "just have fun." Can I punch that person?

So, can someone succinctly tell someone who's had the game a day, completed all training, and still can't figure a thing out, what the heck to do next?

SpinPhd

M.R.

Private

Posted: 15 Oct 2008 20:47 Profile

SpinPhd wrote:

Some coop games get huge, players racking up points, me, killing opfor pretty well, tepid on points. What gives? Shot the bmp in coop game center broadside, didn't kill the bmp, didn't immobilize it, it pulled away and killed me, smoking all the time.
So, can someone succinctly tell someone who's had the game a day, completed all training, and still can't figure a thing out, what the heck to do next?

SpinPhd

In the co-op games you will score higher points for completing the objectives than you will for killing the bots.

To kill the bmp you need a Javelin missile, they can be killed with the other rockets but you'll probably need 2 of them. They can also be killed with grenades.

td_1990

Recruit

Posted: 21 Oct 2008 23:15 Profile

this was a good guide.\

i have played since 02 when the game first came out but have jusst started a new account because i have recently purchased a new computer and am waiting for a couple of things to get finished with it like my ram and video card.

i agree with everything that has been said in this post and it will be good for ppl that are only new to the game so that they can understand that u play for fun not for the honor...

when i first started playing i was gettin angry that my honour wasnt going up untill i had a few good rounds and killed some 38 and 40 honor guys it made me happy even tho my honor didnt go up that much i felt good about it and then from then on i had a completely different look on the game and reaslisd it is just a game and it is not the end of the world.

Trent

New Player's Guide to Common Traits & Skills 

« Previous Page        Page 20 of 21     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: