Page Jump     

Punkbuster Troubleshooting [10-10-05] 

[VGO]mmchaos

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 00:02 Profile United States

exit america's army
download this file and open it http://websec.evenbalance.com/...tup.tgz
click "add game" select america's army ...then "browse" to the path of your america's army/system folder what ever the path is.
click ok...then check for updates
after it finishes restart america's army and join a server.

bdfh

Private

Posted: 07 Nov 2007 20:32 Profile United Kingdom

Hi all
Ive been away from americas army for about a year now after playing alot for 2-3years, wanted to get back into it but am having the same probs as the last few people to post on this thread, in that am getting onto servers and pb updates as expected after been away for so long, but then it updates again, and again, and again etc etc.. have tried [VGO]mmchaos' solution above and doesn't seem to be workin. Wonderin if anybody else has any ideas, been on the website for pb, downloaded the latest pb etc. that dosn't seem to help either. thanks Smile

santafauzt

Recruit

Posted: 08 Nov 2007 18:59 Profile

Hi all,

I've got a annoying problem with punkbuster. My punkbuster is performing a neverending loop of updating to the newest version. I am on Americas Army 2.5.0a (even with out the patch, punkbuster is failing on me).

pbsetup.run give me this results:

Client Version: (v1.749 | A1371)
Server Version: (v1.130 | A1371 | C1.749)

And yup, you won't believe it. Punkbuster wants to update to these versions in game. After reaching the 100% it..... yes you are right, starts all over again, and again, and again, and again.

Could some of you guys help me. It is a cool game, [MOD EDIT-do not bypass the language filter]

[VGO]mmchaos

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 09 Nov 2007 21:30 Profile United States

some users report that if you make a new folder on your desktop and make the update path to the new folder it will create a folder called pb.then replace the "america's army/system/pb" folder with the pb folder you just created it works better.

the path punkbuster is looking for should be somthing like Path: /<loginname>/Library/Application Support/America's Army 2.5.0/System

bcstealth

Recruit

Posted: 12 Nov 2007 11:54 Profile

click "add game" select america's army ...then "browse" to the path of your america's army/system folder what ever the path is.
click ok...then check for updates
after it finishes restart america's army and join a server.

i clicked "add game" selected america's army... check for updates... it said all updates were there... but when i reopened americas army and tried to join a server... it still told me that i have to enable punkbuster

[VGO]mmchaos

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 17 Nov 2007 14:55 Profile United States

To Enable PunkBuster, click 'Deployment' on the left. The checkbox to enable or disable PunkBuster is near the bottom of your screen.

BlackHawkZz

Recruit

Posted: 20 Dec 2007 14:33 Profile

Ok, PB isn't working for me and I've found my PB folder, but what am i supposed to do now? i dont get what u mean by - You no longer need to download files with Internet Explorer. You can now download files straight from Safari. (Right-click (Option-click) the links and click ?Download liked file as?) How does any of this help me?
I can't play any online games bc it tries to update PB but it keeps going from 99 to 1 percent. Can u please help me out here? Very frustrating...

shima

Recruit

Posted: 24 Dec 2007 20:41 Profile

GAHHH! Nothing works for me.. I've tried everything posted. -_-
It keeps "auto updating" PB when I join a room.

cpt_villalo

Recruit

Posted: 25 Dec 2007 06:29 Profile

Okay I did something during suffling of my files. AA was working earlier now I can't seem to enable Punkbuster in the deployment screen. The box where one selects was not showing active so I clicked it and it selected but when a server is selected to deploy I get a message to enable PB. Where else shall I check for the problem? I need assistance on this to enable PB. Thanks. Question Question Question Question Neutral

vedrit1

Recruit

Posted: 25 Dec 2007 21:46 Profile

yeah, same for me. I updated PB, and enabled PB, but it still said that PB wasnt enabled

osufreak47

Recruit

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 15:31 Profile United States

does anyone know if the mac version works any better in leopard? when my dad buys windows i am just going to play it on there Very Happy but until then i want to know if it works. 24'' iMac 2.8 ghz processor 2gb ram if that helps anybits. Evil or Very Mad Shocked Cool

Jaylu0204

Recruit

Posted: 29 Dec 2009 01:12 Profile

vedrit1 wrote:

yeah, same for me. I updated PB, and enabled PB, but it still said that PB wasnt enabled

Did anyone ever find the solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue. Have done all the updates, etc... I check the punkbuster enable button then join a server. Immediately, the server loads and kicks me out, saying i've got to enable punkbuster.

Please someone help!!! I haven't played AA in 4 years and really, really, really want to.

Your help would be appreciated.

nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 01 Jan 2011 14:26 Profile

One thing I wanted to share to you all, when you download AA to macs...
Make sure you do this so you can update Pb.
You need to SAVE THE GAME TO APPLICATIONS FOLDER in order to be able to find the pb folder under the game and update the game.

I still have one question though, i updated PB but i have one last problem, everytime i check pb it becomes unchecked.
thanks for the help guys!
nicecrew

nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 01 Jan 2011 14:33 Profile

Disregard my question guys, i rebooted the game and it was fine.

Punkbuster Troubleshooting [10-10-05] 

« Previous Page        Page 9 of 9     
  Page Jump     

Jump to: