AAMP Launches!
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 7 of 9     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Punkbuster Troubleshooting [10-10-05] 

stjobs

Recruit

Posted: 18 Aug 2004 11:22 Profile

I e-mailed the makers of Punkbuster and they were actually helpful. I had also gleaned the same information from other forums -

pb_security 0 allows your version of PB to backdate itself to whatever server version you are playing on. This will fix you getting kicked if a message about the server running an old version comes up. For me, this totally fixed my PB problems. If you use this command and have the correct files (which you should by default, or run PBWeb), I don't expect any problems.

shredfan

Recruit

Posted: 22 Aug 2004 21:06 Profile

Okay, I still have a problem here. I have downloaded everything you guys have suggested for me, and I even got PBWEB to work. However, I have discovered the problem. Every time I boot AA, it deletes ma001340 from my folder. I have downloaded it at least 12 times, and every time I look after quitting, its gone. Anybody else have this problem?

Balthamos

First Sergeant

Posted: 23 Aug 2004 19:49 Profile

I do not think it is deleting it, just converting it. The files I listed are the files you need to have in the folder prior to running AA. Once PB has detected the files, it converts it to .htm or something like that. As long as PB is running, don't worry about it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Wink

~Balthamos

Nadahbe

Recruit

Posted: 25 Aug 2004 16:41 Profile

Sarg, We tried putting the 3 files into the PB folder, 1st 2 into the htm and 3rd intp the PB as suggested. Same old Same old. We then tried a clean install (ops 200a with upgrade ops 20a to 2.1.0, We again put the 3 files manually ito the htm and PB. We have the same problem.

not saved to but manualy incerted into PB folder. could not fid the path to (system\pb\htm) as suggested.

We went to Equalbalance and tried a few of their tricks (some the same) . were in a holding pattern for now. :cry: Our killer is time available, Dang! We can blow a bridge, play sneek up. dot some eye's in real world, but have the faith that we'll get er done.

Thanks! any new ideas appreciated. nadahbe@charter.net :P

[OA]Kasumi

Private

Posted: 26 Aug 2004 22:55 Profile

Okie... I'd just like to say that that I'm back to report after 3 clean installations of AA 2.1 and re-downloading the htm files and security pb files that finally AA works on my friend's G5. It was just totally random. We did nothing different at all and it suddenly works. Hopefully I will soon get it working on my brother's G4.

Nadahbe

Recruit

Posted: 27 Aug 2004 17:40 Profile

We have had success, don?t know if it was the download or the fixes suggested, but were running hot and good to go.

1st, We did a clean download of 200a and 200a - 2.1.0 using Internet Explorer, we also downloaded "PB Client v1.104, PB ClientA v1340, and Player Security File, saved to desk top.

2nd, We installed 200a (clean and new)?.. Saved the three files to the folders, then booted the game. It ran but not in its entirety. A lot of the servers did not list. This was not our goal so we put (hide file) 200a away as is.

3rd, We installed a new 200a, then put in the patch 200a to 2.1.0. We again saved the 3 files to their folders, then booted the game. Servers listed and we got in but still had a pb client distress, etc. We got kicked.

4th, We rebooted, got into the game, deployed and typed into our console, "pb_security 0". We got back (0 = "No") (1 = "Yes"). We entered "1" and got a bad command back, however the game ran fine with no problems or hang-ups.

We told it step by step, lengthy yes but something might get gleaned from this. Anybody comes up with any thing new, good or bad, were 5/5 waiting for your response. Nadahbe@charter.net

Balthamos

First Sergeant

Posted: 27 Aug 2004 20:46 Profile

I do not think it is necessary to download 2.0.0a and then patch to 2.1.0. I think you can just download 2.1.0 and work from there, but whatever worked for you...

~Balthamos

Nadahbe

Recruit

Posted: 27 Aug 2004 21:05 Profile

Wher we went for aaops application, 2.1.0. was not an option Sarg. We worked with what we had available.

Did have a happening tonight though, had a bomb between sessions. Rebooted and went back and everything was good to go. been having trouble on the line side up at the main trunk, there was a short in the cable at a junction. Never rains but it pours.

Intend on documenting every thing in the event of a failure. Want to thank you for your assistance, owe you big time......<:Nadahbe><

-AcE_Kilmore

Recruit

Posted: 11 Sep 2004 14:38 Profile

ola! Ive placed all the files in the right spots(at least i think I have) and set all my permissions to read and write but keep getting kicked with this message ---this server requires (A1340)error loading pbag when i type "pb_ver" i get client(v1.107/AO enabled)-----any help would be great Very Happy

Last edited by -AcE_Kilmore on 11 Sep 2004 18:48; edited 1 time in total
Balthamos

First Sergeant

Posted: 11 Sep 2004 18:13 Profile

Nadahbe wrote:

We rebooted, got into the game, deployed and typed into our console, "pb_security 0". We got back (0 = "No") (1 = "Yes"). We entered "1" and got a bad command back, however the game ran fine with no problems or hang-ups.

Try that and see if it works afterward.

~Balthamos

Baby_Kami

Recruit

Posted: 12 Sep 2004 04:26 Profile

I've gone thru the steps written out in the first post of this thread. No luck.

PBWeb doesn't work - HTML binary error as mentioned before.

Manual doesnt' work either - Still getting kicked for the same distress errors, or some 1107 problems.

I haven't been able to try the pb_security console code, cos..I don't really get it.

I type in "pb_security 0" and it comes back up as "pb_Security = 0 (0=No 1=Yes)" I try in pb_security 2, and doesn't work..what's this "2"..where does it go?

Well. that let out some anger. -.-"

Nadahbe

Recruit

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 04:39 Profile

Were still running hot with the fix we made, with the sarg's help. We have made another change here that did not bother AA, Yet! We have gone in here and there with a lot of lag, some to the extream. could be the new router causing it. We promised to log everything and still doing so. Main thing is were still good to go here with PB being a freindly. staying 5/5
<:nadahbe><

Flying_HoChi

Private First Class

Posted: 17 Sep 2004 10:04 Profile

Brian Bang Donofrio wrote:

I use Safari as my main browser never touch explorer.

I'm not using IE anymore, not using Safari very often either, I'm using Mozilla Firefox!

claud01

Recruit

Posted: 02 Oct 2004 11:20 Profile

hi.
in which console did i have to put "pb_security 0 " ???

...and i just want to play Sad

Balthamos

First Sergeant

Posted: 03 Oct 2004 18:52 Profile

aa console. Tilde (~) should bring it up.

~Balthamos

Punkbuster Troubleshooting [10-10-05] 

« Previous Page        Page 7 of 9     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: