» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 14 of 16     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Feedback Questions Answered -READ BEFORE POSTING- 

MWG|Prophet

First Sergeant

Posted: 15 Apr 2006 06:35 Profile

DarkCntry wrote:

Before the tangent goes about...the MP5 was being looked into for later addition and that's why there are completed models of both the MP5 and the Skorpion in the game. As it currently stands, it's sitting on the same 'could be' addition shelf as the shotgun.

I still have yet to find anything that says the US Army does/ever has used the MP5.
Here is a good page that lists "most" of the weapons in use by the US Army special forces. (the only ones that would come close to using an MP5).

The only thing listed there as far as the MP5 is for the Navy SEALs (which we already knew used the MP5N)

EDIT: There is the possibility of a single person using his personal weapon (I'm not entirely sure how that works with a class 3 license and the military, I've never actually thought about it).

Gr1mSh33per wrote:

I want to see some NPC's in AAO, not just civilians but like enemy bots. Maybe there can be a game mode where everyone just co-ops against a computer enemy. These OPFOR could be like the ones in the game FEAR, which has special programming with random strategies and stuff.

With this gameplay mode, it might be a little more fair to have vehicles and stuff since everyone is on the same team and the enemy might have adjustable difficulty.

If I remember correctly, that's the whole point of AI for this game. (I believe it was named SOAR, and was developed by the USAF, but I've been wrong in the past)

blanding

Sergeant Major

Posted: 15 Apr 2006 15:35 Profile United States

Quote:

I still have yet to find anything that says the US Army does/ever has used the MP5.
Here is a good page that lists "most" of the weapons in use by the US Army special forces. (the only ones that would come close to using an MP5).

MP's ----- i know ive seen pics now i gotta find um again

aMMo.@c wrote:

Ban life, problem solved.

the germans already tried that. the rest of the world wasn't cool with it.

[FILO]_Seiran

Sergeant Major

Posted: 08 May 2006 14:39 Profile United States

Check it out boys...new toys.

First up, a protective cupola for turret gunners.
Embedded Image
Embedded Image
According to commander's, it's already saved the lives of 3 soldier's.

And, just a little something to help with the heat when you're wearing all that gear.
Embedded Image

Embedded Image

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit.

The_martian

Private

Posted: 08 Jun 2006 01:35 Profile

I must say... I learnt a lot from this. and I can see where the knife would be used as a tool only, but, then why is it called a "Combat Knife"? it's true, slitting a throat does take a few seconds for the victim (I hope that's the rigt word Confused ) to finally die. now I see the fakeness of Conflict: Desert Storm. it has Desert Eagles, Combat knifes which portray instant knife deaths, and sneaking makes you totally silent...
I for one am happy with this game how it is, but adding a couple thing would be nice. like a temperature restriction for the AR so you don't unload 200 rounds w/o your barrel melting... don't think I hate the AR though - I LOVE that monster. Cheesy Grin
I would like to give a big "Hooah!" to the devs and all the great people who created this game and for providing it completely free of charge.
so here it is.
HOOAH!

+TheSaint+

Posted: 28 Jun 2006 17:04 Profile United States

If you are down to your knife you must be in bad straights. As for the term "Combat", many people use "Hunting" knives for things other than hunting. It may be a bit misleading, but in real life a soldier is not going to use his knife unless he has no other option available.

The_Toasternator

Private First Class

Posted: 03 Jul 2006 22:16 Profile

But what I'm interested in is the bipod will actually be more useful Smile

All I ever see on m4's are 203, now people well actually have "different" styles if you know what I mean.

THE.FIST

Recruit

Posted: 15 Jul 2006 05:32 Profile Israel

lol tnx for info

MilWolf

Sergeant

Posted: 29 Jul 2006 01:09 Profile United States

Undertowvfw wrote:

I'm very new to the community, so I may be repeating a question.

How about claymore's? There are a few maps, where a well placed claymore could come in handy. Make them destructable, so if you see it you can shoot it or nade it. I know from my days playing ghost recon, that hardly anyone used them. I used to love using them because it's a completely different level of challenge to get someone to walk into your trap. Cheesy Grin

Not sure if this was answered, but I'm gonna answer it now. Congradulations, If I am not mistaken, there is a mine being put in AA2.7 for your use, don't trap me in the corner and interogate me on it, but I am pretty positive I saw some stuff on it, plus alot of people talking about it.

Lol, I updated this right here after I went and looked, yes I am correct, the M86 PDM mine, about the size of a frag, but this mine lays on the ground obviously, and when a person walks over, the blast is directed up, and baiscaly blows up in your face instead of up your pants.

DarkCntry

Sergeant Major

Posted: 29 Jul 2006 10:20 Profile Antarctica

Ray Bayard wrote:

Undertowvfw wrote:

I'm very new to the community, so I may be repeating a question.

How about claymore's? There are a few maps, where a well placed claymore could come in handy. Make them destructable, so if you see it you can shoot it or nade it. I know from my days playing ghost recon, that hardly anyone used them. I used to love using them because it's a completely different level of challenge to get someone to walk into your trap. Cheesy Grin

Not sure if this was answered, but I'm gonna answer it now. Congradulations, If I am not mistaken, there is a mine being put in AA2.7 for your use, don't trap me in the corner and interogate me on it, but I am pretty positive I saw some stuff on it, plus alot of people talking about it.

Lol, I updated this right here after I went and looked, yes I am correct, the M86 PDM mine, about the size of a frag, but this mine lays on the ground obviously, and when a person walks over, the blast is directed up, and baiscaly blows up in your face instead of up your pants.

The PDM was removed as it was also removed from active military use. The PDM was looking to be added a few versions back.

(TC)-Paladin

Private

Posted: 05 Aug 2006 12:41 Profile

In the near future, will there be any sort of reload function that, when you reload, you either drop the mag for good and your mag count shows one less clip, or maybe you have ammo counters, ie, if you reload with 12 rounds left, you have a mag somewhere in your pocket that has 12 rounds. Just to make it more realistic. Because, I believe the way it is in the game now, is that if you keep reloading with ammo still in the mag, all that ammo is transfered to the last clip, which is unrealistic, becuase I doubt that any soldier, in the middle of a mission, would be trasfuring bullets from one mag to the next.

Either the mag drop or the last proposed idea (don't really know what to call it) would really be nice to the realism of the game.

Ferrard_Carson

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 05 Aug 2006 14:34 Profile United States

Soldiers are trained not to drop their mags at all, because the army doesn't want to spend thousands of dollars a year replacing "lost" mags.

And the ammo count is already in game... you go into battle with six full magazines, plus a seventh in your weapon. Whenever you reload, your soldier pulls out a full mag whenever he has them and places the half-spent mag in a pouch. If he doesn't have a full mag, then he pulls out the one with the most ammo (as far as I know; I may need to test this).

~ Ferrard

'You okay? Nelson, you all right?'
'WHAT!?'"

(TC)-Paladin

Private

Posted: 08 Aug 2006 23:58 Profile

Ferrard_Carson wrote:

Soldiers are trained not to drop their mags at all, because the army doesn't want to spend thousands of dollars a year replacing "lost" mags.

And the ammo count is already in game... you go into battle with six full magazines, plus a seventh in your weapon. Whenever you reload, your soldier pulls out a full mag whenever he has them and places the half-spent mag in a pouch. If he doesn't have a full mag, then he pulls out the one with the most ammo (as far as I know; I may need to test this).

~ Ferrard

That's not how the ammo counter really works. If you use two mags half way, then you will have, in the end, one full mag from the two half empty ones. That's at least what I got from my passed playing experience.

Ferrard_Carson

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 10 Aug 2006 11:47 Profile United States

LagMagnet wrote:

That's not how the ammo counter really works. If you use two mags half way, then you will have, in the end, one full mag from the two half empty ones. That's at least what I got from my passed playing experience.

I tested this - you're stuck with the two half-spent mags. You don't get any chance to unload one mag and transfer the bullets over to another.

~ Ferrard

TheChosenNeo

Private First Class

Posted: 24 Aug 2006 04:49 Profile

http://americas-army.4players....536.jpg

PDM

robkldrn00

Recruit

Posted: 28 Oct 2006 22:38 Profile

i have problems connecting with the mbs, i tried the aa browser, the gamespy browser and nothing, i dont know whats happening, can anyone tell me how to fix this problem??

Feedback Questions Answered -READ BEFORE POSTING- 

« Previous Page        Page 14 of 16     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: