The Graphic Novel
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 285 of 285     
  Page Jump     

Mac R&R 

(U.A.C.O)Col.Doom

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 09 Mar 2010 10:40 Profile

Hm...Well, sounds like more and more sites are going to support HTML 5 instead of Flash...I'm all for it. Flash player 10 sucks.

I do hope it pushes Adobe to make a better product, though. Until now, they really haven't had competition in that market.

(U.A.C.O)Col.Doom

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 09 Mar 2010 10:40 Profile

Nice sig new, btw Angel.

.[Ak4].Crunk-ACI-

Sergeant

Posted: 09 Mar 2010 14:35 Profile United States

If you think about it, Google has the power to get people to start to switch over to a HTML5-compatible browser.

Just like how they are phasing out IE6 support, if one day YouTube required a HTML5-capable browser, then EVERYONE would get one. Of course it would be nice to still offer a Flash format at the lowest quality setting possible for legacy, but Google/YouTube has the power to make people switch browsers.

I think they are phasing out IE6 support atm, which is a VERY welcome move.

angelconflict

Private First Class

Posted: 10 Mar 2010 08:42 Profile

here is some interesting news... http://lifehacker.com/5488607/...ght-now

comments?

(U.A.C.O)Col.Doom

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 10 Mar 2010 10:39 Profile

Well, considering Google, Apple and MS all support h.264, I'd say Mozilla is SOL. They'll come around eventually (they'll have to!).

I often get weird looks from mac gurus when I say Safari is my main browser..but it's faster, runs flash player the best, and is the only browser that can pass the ACID test (last I checked, anyway).

I use FF often when I'm building websites because the tools are so helpful, but I don't really use it for browsing. Chrome I use simply for testing sites.

I really think Apple is putting the pinch on companies with flash content. If they want a website that works on the iphone, they need html 5 (or no flash-type content haha). It's that simple.

col.doom

Recruit

Posted: 23 Mar 2010 11:28 Profile

In other news...looks like Apple is starting to take a nice chunk out of the portable gaming industry. They went from something like 1% of the market to 9% of the market in the past 2 years?

When are games going to start coming to OSX..that's what I want to know.

angelconflict

Private First Class

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 07:15 Profile

I saw somewhere that developers where putting projects on other platforms on hold to work on games for the iPhone and iTouch.... that was interesting to read.

col.doom

Recruit

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 08:28 Profile

I believe it. I wish I was an apple investor right now....I saw something yesterday saying Apple was out of ipad to sell. They don't even officially go on sale for a few weeks.

Granted Apple is notorious for not making enough crap. I still rather be out of stock than have stock left over.

Man, this is NOT the apple I remember in the 90's.

Mac R&R 

« Previous Page        Page 285 of 285     
  Page Jump     

Jump to: