2nd Video Challenge
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 284 of 285     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Mac R&R 

(U.A.C.O)Col.Doom

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 26 Jan 2010 10:22 Profile

dang - ty for the link, but neither the school I went to or the school I work for are listed. Bummer, dude.

On the Windows 7 thing - I know it was in the works for apple to add support before 2010. Not sure if it happened, though...I know my buddy was able to run the beta on his imac.

angelconflict

Private First Class

Posted: 27 Jan 2010 08:09 Profile

well I tried ... cant blame me for trying. i hate to pay for MS [Mod Edit: TOS Violation] so if i can get it for free i use it.

I guess ill DL w7 and give it a world hopefuly i can still play my games.

(U.A.C.O)Col.Doom

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 08:08 Profile

In other news..the ipad..no multitasking...whats up with that?

angelconflict

Private First Class

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 09:58 Profile

no camera and no ichat app?... no mention of ink software for hand recognition... just a large unlocked iPhone with iWorks capabilities.

(U.A.C.O)Col.Doom

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 16:12 Profile

Yeah, pretty disappointing. I was certainly expecting more than that...knowing apple they'll slowly roll out features over the next few years. Still, why not make it kick [TOS Violation] now? That multi tasking thing is a deal breaker. I'd love to get one to replace my aging G4 12.1 inch ibook, but not until I can run more than one thing at a time...(really, I can't listen to music AND browse the web while writing an email - how is that suppose to beat a netbook??)

angelconflict

Private First Class

Posted: 15 Feb 2010 09:20 Profile

that new credit card reader for the iphone is preety cool ... now call girls can take credit card payments on the go.. lol.. but seriously ... its very nice i can see good implementations for it.

(U.A.C.O)Col.Doom

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 15 Feb 2010 10:17 Profile

o.o

(U.A.C.O)Col.Doom

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 17 Feb 2010 09:00 Profile

Anyway. I wish I had an iphone...maybe it's time to invest in an ipod touch. Going to wait until they make the iPad a bit better.

It's times like this that I'm ashamed to be an Apple fanboy...when Apple is knowingly screwing their cult followers/less computer literate customers over - and not trying to make the best product possible, just the one that will make the most money.

angelconflict

Private First Class

Posted: 18 Feb 2010 11:55 Profile

yes for the money I think I would gent an iPhone or Touch... the iPad is nice but not what I was hoping.

(U.A.C.O)Col.Doom

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 19 Feb 2010 09:17 Profile

well, at the same time I want to 'wait' on the ipad to get better...I'm still kinda waiting on the Touch to get that damn camera (that is inevitable). Once that happens, I'll finally bite.

The ipad needs more than a camera to make it better, though.

..Thoughts on Jobs trying to abolish flash?

angelconflict

Private First Class

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 09:55 Profile

well flash is a standard that will continue until something better comes along. but better does not mean more features, but more cost effective and less cpu power consumption. when that happens, flash would be history.

IMHO

Crosswalknorway

Recruit

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 22:02 Profile United States

Hey... how can I install a new driver... I have some NVIDIA thing.. on my 15 inch MBP (New type, what's it called? The solid one...) I'm running windows 7 on bootcamp, and the patch for AA3 isn't working for me. I've been told it's the Video driver. Any Idea's? I'd like to avoid the internet as much as poss. when getting this. (It's fine on the mac partition, but I don't have anti-virus on the windows) So I'm staying away from internet explorer. All though I am connected to the internet.

(U.A.C.O)Col.Doom

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 09:18 Profile

I personally have no idea, as I've never played AA on Windows (or used windows 7 on my mac).

MacBook Pro Unibody?

You might get a better answer if you ask here, in the PC support forum.
http://forum.americasarmy.com/...p?f=101

Also, if you don't like IE (and I don't blame you), don't forget you can download Firefox or Chrome for free - they are much better browsers.

As for anti-virus, take a look here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto...dows-7/

Some of those are free - better safe than sorry, right?

(U.A.C.O)Col.Doom

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 09:28 Profile

angelconflict wrote:

well flash is a standard that will continue until something better comes along. but better does not mean more features, but more cost effective and less cpu power consumption. when that happens, flash would be history.

IMHO

H.264 and html5 - but I'm not sure either are 'superior' to flash. They're certainly more stable, though.

I'm just curious to see how this plays out. Google and Apple are pushing back against Flash. My hope is that Flash will either step up its game, and become what it needs to be...or an better alternative is developed.

(I would link you to a site that shows a guy whose created a Flash Crash bug, but it might crash your browser. The guy claims he's been reporting this bug to Flash since 2008, and they have yet to fix it in Flash 10).

If html 5 'wins', will Flash (the program) convert final products to html rather than .flv's?

angelconflict

Private First Class

Posted: 01 Mar 2010 10:53 Profile

well see ... all the companies involved have lots of money, what helps flash is how much content is out there already. all of that would have to be converted to html 5 ... a monumental task.... talk about a job creation endeavor.

Mac R&R 

« Previous Page        Page 284 of 285     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: